100 Pier 4 | 136-146 Northern Avenue | Seaport

Re: New residential mid-tower set for Pier 4

honestly, the two renderings of the building do not seem that far off... especially seeing how in the one everyone likes the majority of the building is hidden behind the second tallest building on the pier which is yet to be built/designed.

Dear god, it's like One Marina Drive with tailfins.

Hopefully this development gets buried.

Its like they came up with the worst ideas in development history to destroy an area that had the most potential in development in the city.

The most offensive aspect of this rendering is the pocket park out front that completely destroys the ability to create a meaningful streetwall.

DAT bItCh bee UUUGGGleeee

Hopefully this development gets buried.

Its like they came up with the worst ideas in development history to destroy an area that had the most potential in development in the city.
"You're welcome" -Kairos Shen

It is like a planning committee gave these architects a bunch of paper and asked them to develop something that was overly sterile, not flashy at all, and a overall large waste of space. And the blandest design would be featured in Bostons most important area for redevelopment. I think that we would have better results having high school students who have never taken an cad class and have little imagination design buildings. We might have better results.

Repulsive.

Kairos Shen is a fail. Every time I read that article on Boston.com about him, I want to punch the writer in the face.

pier_4_rendering.jpg

Slightly larger render to show off the stunning detail.

Also, my favorite HanoverCo portfolio image
imagegen.ashx

^ I take back anything nice i have said about this building. that is horrible.

Uggh, kind of reminds me of the precast and glass crap that was going up all over midtown Atlanta 8-10 years ago. Like Spire!

The most offensive aspect of this rendering is the pocket park out front that completely destroys the ability to create a meaningful streetwall.

Agreed that this building is pretty bad, but the pocket park isnt the issue. Especially given the building to its right which houses both Atlantic Beer Garden and Whiskey priest, is set somewhat off the street. If anything the set back will help build a matching wall with this building. From the rendering it looks like the two buildings will be adjacent to each other.

They'll be tearing this thing down in 30 years, and dismissing the design as a blight on the neighborhood and city.

"We hope to be under construction with the utilities virtually immediately,” said Bill Cronin, a vice president at the Newton firm led by mall king Stephen Karp.

^
Karp build Krap

Do the people building these things not understand that making something not look like shit isnt so hard?

We may have discovered a new architectural style here: Charles River Park Revival.

Yesterday I saw a ECO drilling truck next to the Atlantic Beer Garden. Looks like they are doing some soil testing.
A barge, with a small crane on it, is moored down by Anthony's. Not sure this has anything to do with the project or it maybe a tempory mooring for the barge that was working the Tea Party Museum site. They look much the same.

Back