100 Pier 4 | 136-146 Northern Avenue | Seaport

Re: New residential mid-tower set for Pier 4

Fackin everywhere...Whats up with the investment in Boston? Partially and olympic bid perhaps?

If they are, then they are taking up valuable space that needs to be used for stadiums and villages.

This definitely has nothing to do with the Olympics, which hopefully never come to Boston.

This definitely has nothing to do with the Olympics, which hopefully never come to Boston.

Why, I'll take a few years of stupid followed by 2 weeks of really stupid for billions of dollars towards infrastructural rehab and development

And millions in bribe payments to IOC officials. Of course, we do have a lot of experience with that in Massachusetts.

And millions in bribe payments to IOC officials. Of course, we do have a lot of experience with that in Massachusetts.

Win, win, right?

I rather have the World Expositions Fair

We should say we'll host the olympics... milk it for all the projects we actually want... then, just before the massive, shitty projects like a football stadium in the Seaport (DRINK!) start, we say "wait- no- we're refusing to host the games. Fuck you!"

2012-10-03:

8059612140_692ab26abb_b.jpg

Re: Pier 4 Construction Starts

If the retail is done right this could be the most important development in the district. Could/should be the faneuil hall of the seaport.

If the retail is done right this could be the most important development in the district. Could/should be the faneuil hall of the seaport.

Yeah........The Silver-line bus will be packed.

I was dismayed to read that the abomination that is Anthony's Pier 4 restaurant will remain open for at least a few more years. Given its prominent location, why can't this project not be developed in one phase? Financing? Construction logistics? We could be looking at a 6-7 year construction schedule here. Also, I really hope the hotel/office tower ends up as a hotel and not office space.

I was dismayed to read that the abomination that is Anthony's Pier 4 restaurant will remain open for at least a few more years. Given its prominent location, why can't this project not be developed in one phase? Financing? Construction logistics? We could be looking at a 6-7 year construction schedule here. Also, I really hope the hotel/office tower ends up as a hotel and not office space.
It could be that the Athanas family wouldn't move sooner.

It will... Plus its also just a 15 min walk from Aquarium and South Station T stops. Very nice walk along the water at that.

I know from experience that walking is faster than the silver line anyway.

Re: Pier 4

Very nice walk at that??? Maybe in June. Try it in January. TERRIBLE

Yeah........The Silver-line bus will be packed.

Fortunately, unlike rail, buses can run at 5 second headways, and the stations are long enough for two bi-articulated buses to dock together.

As they could run biarticulated shuttle buses from SS to SLW without ever touching a public street, no waiver is needed for length of vehicle.

Re: Pier 4

Very nice walk at that??? Maybe in June. Try it in January. TERRIBLE

Agreed.. but who goes outdoors to spend $$ in January anywhere in Boston.

Bottom-line is that a 15 minute walk is nothing.. Look at NYC, everything is at least a 15 min walk or a cab ride from the Subway.

Back