2016 Presidential Election (General Election)

Who do plan to support for President in the 2016 Election?

• Hillary Clinton

Votes: 38 62.3%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • Gary Johnson

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • Jill Stein

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah rifleman I've tried hard to keep out of this but I can't stay quiet anymore.

Your homework assignment is to write a 500 word essay that answers the question "what is citizenship?". Please compare and contrast the respective rights and duties of citizens & democratic governments to those of customers & proprietors; shareholders & corporations; policyholders & insurance carriers; and prisoners & jailers. Please also comment on the rights and responsibilities that obtain in the relationships among citizens.

For extra credit please list the major categories of government revenue and spending (including tax subsidies like the 401k benefit and mortgage interest deductions), and identify the demographic groups that are the sources and beneficiaries of those monies. (I recommend that you start with social security and the departments of defense, energy, and homeland security.)

Last edited:
What is Aleppo?

fa788gnxcnxrjigqsweq.png

^ Hah definitely. The Libertarian ticket is in many ways more conservative than Trump could ever be.

And Trump would just make something up about Aleppo and then later lie that he know what it was all along and it's all the Clinton Foundation's fault anyway.

Yah! The presidential race seems exceptionally horrible this year. I wish we could return to Romney vs Obama, at least both of them are sane.

^I think you'd be alot more likely to see a statement like that from Clinton compared to Trump. Trump's not understanding the nuclear triad during the debates was a similar blunder but no one seemed to care.

^I think you'd be alot more likely to see a statement like that from Clinton compared to Trump. Trump's not understanding the nuclear triad during the debates was a similar blunder but no one seemed to care.

We have seen statements like that from the Clinton campaign, just mostly in the primaries. Specifically, off the top of my head, was after she praised Reagan for his handling of the AIDs crisis, after which she released a fairly reflective mea culpa.

Trump seems egotistically incapable of any sort of self-reflection that doesn't double-feature as self-stroking.

Anybody see SNOWDEN? Snowden is a Patriot

TRUST----Basically we are on our OWN.
The American people have sold their FREEDOM for SAFETY.

Also It's funny they are trying to discredit CASH transacations now.
NO more cash--every transaction is recorded
Cash illegal ---I could see this in the future just like how Nixon took us off the GOLD standard.

There is no money in the system anymore.

So... there was a debate last night. Any thoughts?

I think the core supporters on each side remain unchanged. There was no definitive blow that would make it easy to pinpoint a sure, clear-cut "winner" (which means both sides are declaring victory). But as more time passes, I think Hillary did a much, much better job. She swung and missed on some canned one-liners (regurgitating 3 month old tweets, trying too hard to squeeze in rehearsed jabs), and she missed some opportunities to kick him while he was down; but she look infinitely more poised (if a little robotic) and sounded far better versed on the issues than Donald.

Donald on the other hand looked like he was struggling for much of the night. He was clearly unprepared for all but a handful of obvious questions (i.e. birther conspiracy) and he flubbed those answers anyway. He dodged plenty of others. He seemed off balance on defense and really missed opportunities to paint her as "crooked" (one email jab, nothing about Benghazi or the foundation). He seemed content to speak to his choir and made no effort to expand his appeal. And for all of the talk about her health, Donald looked worse- snorting, grunting, chugging water, etc. He was clearly uncomfortable.

Neither candidate pulled anyone from the other side, but as a Hillary supporter, I'm happy with how it went. Donald has a vocal, active support base, and they're still as firmly in his camp as ever. The fact checks, his flubs, or the complete lack of substance won't sway them. They'll cry liberal media conspiracy, crooked hillary, rhetoric, etc. But the 11% or so of undecided voters are going to decide this election and if I'm a Trump supporter, I'd be begging for more out of my candidate. He did nothing to broaden his appeal beyond his core.

I woke up this morning after being unplugged from the electronic world after 6:00pm last night and the Internet was full of "Trump's on coke" memes.

Despite that I am absolutely no more curious than I was last night when the TV was tranquil and blank.

I woke up this morning after being unplugged from the electronic world after 6:00pm last night and the Internet was full of "Trump's on coke" memes.

Despite that I am absolutely no more curious than I was last night when the TV was tranquil and blank.

If you unplugged last night, then you won the debate.

This is my opinion.
I'm not crazy about Trump--He gets too defensive to fast.
But I'm tired of the Clintons, Bush families live like royalty off the American Taxpayers--- These Political Elite have dug this country so far into debt that it's mathematically impossible to payoff unfunded liabilities and National Debt.

Clinton leads 43%
Trump 38%
Those numbers won't change those voters will stick with those candidates no matter what.
19% is undecided.

I believe Trump is actually ahead right now- I believe the 19% undecided will either stay home and not vote or can't stomach the status quo anymore.

I think Trump wins the election and I wish I bet on the odds in Vegas before the presidency.
If they want change they will vote
I'm not saying Clinton can't win--I just don't see it.

Seriously, The Clinton's came to the Whitehouse with 250K networth and now have a networth of 250Million. Great public service.

Speaking fees Revenue? Laughable.

This is my opinion.
I'm not crazy about Trump--He gets too defensive to fast.
But I'm tired of the Clintons, Bush families live like royalty off the American Taxpayers These Political Elite have dug this country so far into debt that it's mathematically impossible to payoff.

Clinton leads 43%
Trump 38%
Those numbers won't change those voters will stick with them no matter what.
19% is undecided.

I believe Trump is actually ahead right now- I believe the 19% undecided will either stay home and not vote or can't stomach the status quo anymore.

I think Trump wins the election and I wish I bet on the odds in Vegas before the presidency.

If they want change they will vote

Seriously, The Clinton's came to the Whitehouse with 250K networth and now have a networth of 250Million. Great public service.

Speaking fees Revenue? Laughable.
What the fuck are you talking about? During Bill Clinton's presidency, the US had a budget surplus.

What the fuck are you talking about? During Bill Clinton's presidency, the US had a budget surplus.

Yes. This is true. Great times because of Internet Expansion--Which created the Dot.com Era.
Yeah and then signed NAFTA so all the companies go offshore for cheap labor and avoid paying taxes and sold out the American Workers because of the entire Global Corporate Elite.

You understand that Trump has always been part of the Global Elite, right? As soon as he threw his hat into the ring he immediately became part of the Global Political Elite.

He is not the solution you are hoping he is.

If you are concerned about politicians using state funds to enrich themselves this should fucking infuriate you.

Also this.

This behavior is not going to stop when he becomes president.

You understand that Trump has always been part of the Global Elite, right? As soon as he threw his hat into the ring he immediately became part of the Global Political Elite.

If you are concerned about politicians using state funds to enrich themselves this should fucking infuriate you.

Also this.

I agree---- I was hoping he would do more good than Clinton.

"So we have to get very, very tough on cyber and cyber warfare. It is a, it is a huge problem. I have a son.

He's 10 years old. He has computers. He is so good with these computers, it's unbelievable. The security aspect of cyber is very, very tough. And maybe it's hardly do-able. But I will say, we are not doing the job we should be doing, but that's true throughout our whole governmental society. We have so many things that we have to do better, Lester and certainly cyber is one of them." - Donald Trump.

Well at least this election is giving me a chuckle.

Also this.

But he is a master businessman. You may point out that he was born rich and received tens of millions of dollars and a real estate empire from daddy, but I will counter with the fact that he has claimed bankruptcy only half a dozen times. Also taxes are for the stupid poors.

But he is a master businessman. You may point out that he was born rich and received tens of millions of dollars and a real estate empire from daddy, but I will counter with the fact that he has claimed bankruptcy only half a dozen times. Also taxes are for the stupid poors.

Yeah and that is why our elected representatives are supposed to create laws that are balanced especially concerning the IRS . The loopholes concerning the Billionaires is absurb. Why hasn't Clinton, Obama, Democrats, Republican propose new tax laws that are more balanced?

Do Hedge Funds even pay Federal Taxes? Those Money Managers make Billions then when they lose money they get bailed out by our Elected representatives with our tax dollars.

You can say whatever you want about TRUMP but the reason he is even considered at PRESIDENT is the American Taxpayers and working class have been royally screwed.

The people in Washington now only favor the Corporate Lobbyists. Just look at FLINT MICHIGAN does anybody really give a shit that little kids are drinking water that is poison. Where is the EPA on this?
Bottom line the FLint is a poor community that does not generate anything so our Govt does not care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back