315 on A | 315 A Street | Fort Point

Re: 315 on A (formerly 319 A Street Rear)

10429757836_d491630dc7_b.jpg

10429753126_e4a42f4e1f_b.jpg

10429756875_6bba7c1586_b.jpg

10430332825_b456bbb15c_b.jpg

10430319256_224265eec6_b.jpg

10430284466_bea27bd90e_b.jpg

10430225286_752c58914d_b.jpg

10430118405_4ac1713aa1_b.jpg

10430507943_30c6e0e7f7_b.jpg

This is what you want from a development. This building improves the area, takes cues from surrounding buildings and expands on them, quality materials, the correct height for the area, matches the "pallette" but stands out. When I saw the renderings I thought it looked good but I didnt think it was going to be anything more than a filler, but I was wrong this this is a gem.

315 ... I can't quit you.

cca

I'm curious as to why there are corner balconies on every other floor, what could be the reason for that? And the window sections that are, hmmmm, stepped in, from the rest of the facade on the narrow side directly to the left of the vertical For Lease sign, are they, possibly, to be balconies as well? Love this building, BTW!

Form over function.

A tweet from the friends of Fort Point Channel mentioned this will open in 3 weeks.

Anyone else think this looks a bit like Millennium Place III? Except a little... sexier? How's the ground floor -- does it have anything to offer? There's never any close ups/ground shots with this project.

Anyone else think this looks a bit like Millennium Place III? Except a little... sexier? How's the ground floor -- does it have anything to offer? There's never any close ups/ground shots with this project.

I see what you mean but even though i really like millennium place III this is in a completely different league

I'm curious as to why there are corner balconies on every other floor, what could be the reason for that? And the window sections that are, hmmmm, stepped in, from the rest of the facade on the narrow side directly to the left of the vertical For Lease sign, are they, possibly, to be balconies as well? Love this building, BTW!

Eh, the balconies are there simply to appeal to people that want them and they can also rent those apartments at a higher price.

Eh, the balconies are there simply to appeal to people that want them and they can also rent those apartments at a higher price.

Data -- there are other balconies on the back? of the building -- do they align with the corner balconies on each floor or are they out of phase but synchronous with the corner balconies?

Data -- there are other balconies on the back? of the building -- do they align with the corner balconies on each floor or are they out of phase but synchronous with the corner balconies?

I have no idea what you are saying, but there are indeed other balconies on the other side of the building on the opposite end. They appear to be recessed if you go back a few pages and look at photos.

Data -- are the other [recessed] balconies [would that correctly be termed a loggia] on the same floor as the projecting corner balconies or are they on opposite floors or possibly uncorrelated?

Data -- are the other [recessed] balconies [would that correctly be termed a loggia] on the same floor as the projecting corner balconies or are they on opposite floors or possibly uncorrelated?

I don't know. I don't work for ADD Inc, nor did I have any involvement with this project. My knowledge of this building is solely comprised of seeing the same pictures that you can in this thread.

I don't know. I don't work for ADD Inc, nor did I have any involvement with this project. My knowledge of this building is solely comprised of seeing the same pictures that you can in this thread.

Data -- just wondering as the photos are a bit inconclusive

Lat time I saw it there was just structure -- I have not been down there since the cladding process started

Hey Whighlander, I just did a count from top to bottom to determine which floors the alternating balconies appear on, and it looks like the balconies are indeed on the same floors. Hope that answers your question. Also, the ground level for this building is unique because of the downtown Chicago-style double-deck street grid around it.

The Batterymarch building does this trick where it uses darker colored bricks on the bottom, and subtly becomes lighter as it goes up. It produces the effect of making it seem taller and gives it more vertical thrust.

IMG_00000017_zpsad61e8c0.jpg

I'd love to see someone try the same trick with these terra cotta blocks.

Having posted this, I just noticed how much the Mandarin on Boylston takes from the Batterymarch. Never noticed it before.

The Woolworth tower does that with terracotta, both to enhance the visual appearance of height and of depth in the facade. That's kind of an extreme example though, and probably more than we can expect in Boston.

Back