45 Province St | Downtown Crossing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 45 Province St

It looks a lot shorter now, than it did in the renderings.

Today:

img9226wj3.jpg

img9236zw7.jpg

img9239uw2.jpg

img9241gq1.jpg

yeah, it's looking like it's gonna be black all the way up

img9242th9.jpg

img9243er7.jpg

img9247ev2.jpg

img9248cq1.jpg

img9249tw2.jpg

img9250kr1.jpg

img9251eu1.jpg

img9252il6.jpg

ruh roh!

img9253aa9.jpg

img9254bh8.jpg

img9257sp7.jpg

img9274yl8.jpg

img9276wy9.jpg

img9284gi6.jpg

I have to admit, I am kinda like "eh" with this. It's nothing great, yet it could be worse. I just like the added density it brings.

It is rather eh, although I do like the terra cotta. However, we won't be seeing much more of that stuff -- the renderings show that it'll be almost all glass for the top half, which should change the overall look of the tower considerably.

Wait 'til they start putting the fascias on those cantilevered balconies: Then it won't look so, "eh"!

This is finally topped out... a flag is flying on the roof today. Sorry didn't have a camera.

@Bos77:
Wow, it really didn't take long for them to top it out. I'll be sure to walk by there today.

@Mike:
Great picture.

Boston Herald - June 11, 2008
Celtics owners build emerald city
Tower locale called ?hidden gem?

By Scott Van Voorhis | Wednesday, June 11, 2008 | http://www.bostonherald.com | Real Estate
Photo
Photo by Nancy Lane

The developers of Boston?s newest condo tower had double the reason to celebrate yesterday.

Abbey Group developers Robert and David Epstein threw a party at their still-unfinished 45 Province St. luxury residences to mark the official topping off of the 32-story tower.

Despite gloom about the economy and the real estate market, 25 percent of the tower?s units are already spoken for, Robert Epstein said.

And as they touted the project?s bright future, the Epsteins also were rooting for their beloved Boston Celtics, a team that they partly own.

It was a celebration that not too long ago would have seemed unlikely, with both the tower and team facing challenges.

?They knew someday they would have a championship team - well, the same with this location,? Mayor Thomas Menino said of the tower, which is taking shape near Omni Parker House and Downtown Crossing. ?This location is one of the hidden gems of Boston.?

Before kicking off work on the tower nearly two years ago, Abbey had to work through a spike in construction costs that challenged its feasibility, Robert Epstein said.

And the Celtics looked far from championship glory until their astounding turnaround this season, with the low point coming with last spring?s disastrous draft night, Epstein said.

In both cases, the Epsteins, instead of packing it in, forged on.

With the tower, the Abbey Group developers came to the conclusion that construction costs were only bound to go higher, so they had better lock in prices and push ahead. That judgment has been vindicated by a continued surge in prices, Epstein said.

As it prepares to open 45 Province St. next year, Abbey is fielding steady interest in its units, which range in price from around $1 millon to $5 million for a marquee penthouse, David Epstein said.

A similar approach also has paid dividends with the team.

Robert Epstein noted taking on the big salaries of the ?Big Three? presented a significant risk, but one that has paid off handsomely.

?If you want to have a successful team, it?s very hard to view the operations of a professional sports team in pure business terms,? Epstein said.
Article URL: http://www.bostonherald.com/business/real_estate/view.bg?articleid=1100038

That is one fantastic view. I havnt seen many photos from this perspective before.

Wow. Beautiful tower, beautiful view. This would be truely an amazing place to live.

Off topic but does anyone know when Marliave is reopening? Their website only says Spring 2008 and it appeared that work was still in progress as of yesterday.

Are they going to put back the steps when they are done?

Hi, does anyone have more-recent photos of this ... say, from the past three hours? Last three minutes?

wtf?????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back