45 Province St | Downtown Crossing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 45 Province St

Lookin nice! Love the pool deck. The model apartment decoration was a bit blah though....

The building just needs some more people now so it doesnt seem so hotel-y.

Ha, ha City Mouse. I did see you at the pool. I did my best to keep you out of the picture lest you were shy. You probably noticed my wife and I schlepping around the place . . . we're thinking about moving out of our old (and tired) brownstone in the South End.

Dammit, I really need to strike gold with this film degree...

Anyone want to go halfsies on a condo?

yesterday
031-16.jpg

There's no getting around it: that black wall is just a disaster on an otherwise nice building.

They could easily have skinned-over that wall with glass...or at the very least, paneled it with a matching brick color.

Right now, I'm looking back and forth between the photo above and out my window at the building. For whatever it is worth, here is my theory on the "unfinished" top and blank wall. On the model, it probably looked cool, like a giant plastic retaining clip holding together all the stacks of floors. In real life, well, not so much.

Looking at the same photo, I wonder if the owners of the Nine Zero Hotel could project virtual signage onto the wall at night without pissing off the residents. Think laser-show.

Of course, there are larger issues to be concerned with in that picture...

crap.jpg

I think your highlighting of "crap" downtown proves that downtown really needs a signature tower to rise above that crap. Those buildings function as good "background buildings" (I think van has used that term), and would make a nice tall spire tower look amazing. Whenever I look downtown, I close my eyes, click my heels 3 times and wish for a modern day Chrysler building.

There are some buildings downtown that are so crappy they actually have to be pointed out to you because they blend in too much; though I'm not complaining.

Let's get some spires, y'all!

I actually don't think 33 Arch St is crap (I believe that's the rightmost building crapped on by Joe Schmoe).

The sad thing is I don't like the building for what it is - I like it for what it isn't. I give 33 Arch a pass simply because its NOT a squat, square, brown-granite, flat-roofed, modernist iceberg.

What I'd like to see is a little more density. From that angle, you can see through to the Harbor Towers. That shot is from Cambridge, right? Plus, it would hopefully block out some of the eye sores.

^taken from mass. ave bridge while driving. I agree with the above reference to 33 arch I also like 1 po sq,however you forgot to lable 45 province crap! that blank wall should have been thought out better,it just sucks from this angle and I hate the unfinnish top look.

I really like it except for the black wall of course, is that temporary?

bostonskyline2august200.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back