45 Province St | Downtown Crossing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 45 Province St

Boston is the new city I truly love, a Great City that will become a very modern one while preserving its historic unique and beautiful roots.
Criticizing all the time any new and old project doesn't really help and it doesn't work well for Boston.
Those are my thoughts and believes.
Thank you for reading.

Good post wiserpak. Sometimes one needs to step back and live in another city to appreciate Boston. Although most projects in Boston may not be cutting edge, I think most fit in very well. Boston won't ever be a Dubai or Shanghai with incredible architecture but it is still quite a beautiful city in its own right. After spending time in Sweden and seeing some of the hideous new condos being built, I have a newfound appreciation for some of the new developments being built right now.

today while driving!
007-4.jpg

That great view is going to be seriously impaired if they put up the superfluous One Bromfield Tower.

Views are for vista distances.

In an organic city like Boston, glimpses are satisfactory substitutes.

Unless they radically change the One Franklin design and build on the useless "Shoppers Plaza" there will always be a 'view' from that spot.
The question is: will it be a view of the relatively nice 45 Province St or this POS?

hm, not sure what makes Boston particularly organic, but glimpses are nice nonetheless

Boston contains quite a bit of carbon. It is, therefore, organic. Just like everything anyone eats, whether it says organic or not

/chemist rant

^^ can't argue that

this building's lack of dialogue with its area is really disappointing

I guess we'd have to change 'organic' to 'evolutionary minus survival of the fittest' in Boston terms. Survival of the Fittest doesn't work, it's survival of who puts money in mumbles campaign chest.

^1 Lincoln? I love it even more at night.

It's very classy...I agree with LrFox, it looks great at night when the crown is lit up.

Ya it is easily one of my favorite Boston buildings. Along with 111 Huntington, it is the best building addition in Boston in the 21st century. IMHO

Along with 111 Huntington, it is the best building addition in Boston in the 21st century. IMHO
Well, along with 33 Arch Street, 1 Lincoln and 111 Huntington are really the only completed buildings of any height built since 2000.

Don't forget the millenium place towers as well.

I had lunch at marlieve today and left quite impressed. I had never been before but the guy with me came frequently in the past. He enjoyed it now better than under the previous ownership. I had the pastrami sandwich and he had the clam chowder... Both were fantastic.

Also, the staircase out front, is that what everyone referred to as, "the steps" because they were certainly open. I'm sure that isn't anything new, but it's a first for me.

an LED probably wouldnt work since all of the light would shine into the adjacent building
i would love it though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back