45 Province St | Downtown Crossing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 45 Province St

L1110459.jpg

Awesome, awesome pic Toby. It almost looks like 45 Province is melding together with 1 Beacon! (or am I crazy)

P.S. The updates of this building on has dropped off significantly...remember in the late summer and early fall when we had new pics almost daily? And on a few occassions multiple times in a day?

Well all the action is going on inside. So unless Toby wants to go undercover...

Great picture Toby, but we need some more pictures of the backside though. I want to see what this black wall is looking like.

its a specatular building from that angle. The thing I noticed in boston was that, from a distance, you barely notice the black wall. Its only really an eyesore upclose, but a lot of things are. A building that is spectacular on 3 sides and mediocre on one is a win in my opinion.

Toby, this shot makes it look like someone took an early 20th century scene and threw 45 Province in it. I never noticed how DTX really has some spectacular facades.

1/10:

img4650yy6.jpg

TheBostonBoy: the black wall is looking.. black.

img4653in9.jpg

img4654xf4.jpg

img4656uj8.jpg

img4658bo2.jpg

img4698hu5.jpg

img4701uz0.jpg

Any chance they put one of those building sized billboards on that wall? Ie Celtics are in the playoffs and a giant KG Nike billboard or an advertisement for some new exhibit at the MFA, MOS or Aquarium.... Nah that'd probably make too much sense to cover a blank wall in Boston.

That would be some prime advertising real-estate. I like the LCD screen idea that was brought up earlier.

Honestly I would much rather have a large blank wall than a giant billboard. At least they covered it and didn't just paint the concrete.

I'm amazed there's been less outrage directed on the blight of this wall than is directed at a hypothetical noontime shadow.

If Menino could get 111 Huntington to put on a hat and the Hotel Commonwealth to change clothes, can't he force 45 Province to wear some?

Isn't the back like that because they want to make sure it's okay if and when someone builds a building behind it?

I guess, but doesn't it back up onto relatively tall and either very recent or very historic buildings?

It doesn't make much sense, anyway. It would have been years before anything was built there even if it was a vacant lot. I bet they would have fetched more $$ for condos with park views than downtown-facing units.

It's directly across an ally from the Parker House hotel, and the new Nine Zero hotel is right on the adjacent block as well. There isn't much to redevelop here except the couple of old shops on Bromfield.

I'm shocked that they didn't just clad that wall in a reflective glass.

^^^ Unless Tremont Temple decides it wants to take another crack at developing its site. But it does look more like a party wall than a finished product.

They could cover it w/solar panels

Black wall courtesy of the BRA's extensive review process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back