45 Province St | Downtown Crossing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 45 Province St

I think I'll have to stand by ablarc on this one. The original renderings showed the balconies in a much more pronounced way giving the building a more unique, Moderne look. At the present, the balconies look like an unfulfilled afterthought.

IMG_1497.jpg

IMG_1498.jpg

IMG_1499.jpg

IMG_1500.jpg

IMG_1501.jpg

IMG_1502.jpg

IMG_1503.jpg

IMG_1504.jpg

IMG_1505.jpg

IMG_1506.jpg

IMG_1507.jpg

IMG_1508.jpg

IMG_1509.jpg

IMG_1510.jpg

IMG_1511.jpg

IMG_1512.jpg

IMG_1513.jpg

IMG_1514.jpg

IMG_1515.jpg

IMG_1516.jpg

Please God let me win the lottery so I can live here.

Wow. Final verdict: success. Totally forgiven for the black wall. Move to Existing Development?

I don't know if it can be 'totally forgiven' but perhaps we can agree that it is a success in spite of the blank wall...and the gap teeth.

great street level design work...what's to become of the artist formerly known as 'the littlest bar'? Those look like steps to a utility closet...

Yeah, that had me worried. I thought they had said they were going to preserve it.

According to the BBJ, less than 10% of the condos are sold. But there have been conflicting reports. Check out this post from the Boston Real Estate Blog. - saltbox

The following is from the Boston Business Journal:
Developers who banked on wealthy buyers? penchant for stainless-steel appliances, granite countertops, club rooms and in-house spa treatments continue to wait out an unfavorable market. The luxury condo craze is over, at least for the time being, according to real estate experts who said the units are selling slowly, if at all. According to the Listing Information Network, from January to the end of May, sales of condos in Boston priced over $1 million decreased 58 percent compared with the same period last year. So far this year 97 condos have sold for a median price of $1.5 million compared with 229 condo sales with a median price of $1.6 million last year. The newest luxury condo building to open in Boston, called 45 Province, has sold 13 of 138 units. The property, which opened earlier this month, features an Exhale spa and gym, a community parlor where residents enjoy complimentary coffee and tea and a screening room for private functions.

My thoughts: For those that may not have seen Condobuyers earlier comments, I thought he/she made an interesting point regarding 45 Province St. In the above article it states that ?The newest luxury condo building to open in Boston, called 45 Province has sold 13 out of 138 units.? What?s going on here, the Boston Herald had it at 20% sold.

As condobuyer stated:
In the ?July 3rd article in the Herald. Didn?t the 45 Province mgmt say they fudged the 30% figure but in reality they sold 20%. Well?13 of 138 is not even 10%!!!??..??did 45 province lie again??

If anyone knows what?s going on at 45 Province St. Please let us know.

File Under: My mom told me never to lie

I live at 45 Province. Its true that only 13 units have closed to date but my understanding is that there are more closings to come over the summer for which the developers have signed P&S and non-refundable deposits. The developers have been pretty flexible in allowing people to push out their closing dates due to vacation schedules, etc.

^^ Wow, an actual resident! Tell us, citymouse, what do you think of all this banter regarding your home? What is 45 Province like from the inside? Who is buying up these condos; empty-nesters? Bostonians? any families?

I love the banter. The inside is really nice, far nicer than I'd envisioned when I signed my P&S two years ago. A much hipper deisgn than many of the other high end buildings in the city. Celeste Cooper did most of the interior design work and Dennis Duffy appears to have had a hand in the common areas as well. I'll try to take a few pics and post them. I

I'm enjoying the low occupancy. The pool is always empty and they deliver coffee and pastries to our door every morning! I have only run into one other resident but I get the impression that they are mostly empty-nesters who work downtown. I know that two units have been purchased for investement and 3 were purchased by an Italian family (a unit each for the father and his 2 sons) who do not live in Boston full time. I believe there are only 6 or 7 units that are actually occupied right now.

This isn't too surprising given the drop in the market. Just be glad we don't have any more empty condo towers than we already do.

I live at 45 Province. Its true that only 13 units have closed to date but my understanding is that there are more closings to come over the summer for which the developers have signed P&S and non-refundable deposits. The developers have been pretty flexible in allowing people to push out their closing dates due to vacation schedules, etc.

Care to provide interior pics?

Dennis Duffy? The Beeper King of New York?

Sorry, couldn't resist. I'll show myself out.

Today i just realized its 45 Province St., not 45 Providence St.

I'm an idiot :p

No I've done that. I still pause every time I say it to remember it's Province, not Providence.

I went to the open house at 45 Provence last weekend. Very nice building inside. Well staged, units. Modern yet classy common spaces. Some iPhone pics below.

From the second floor of a 1BR + Den duplex with two story glass curtainwall. Really nice light with the large curtainwall . . . unfortunately this was only the 8th floor so the view wasn't great.
3741640802_38262fae97.jpg

Living room and bedroom of a 18th floor 1 BR + den (not a duplex).
3740847763_99f331de35.jpg

3740847687_c21ee7dd92.jpg

Nice view and this is only the 18th floor. You can see the harbor in the first pic and the Filenes crater in the second.
3740847643_b385b33fa3.jpg

3740847563_41420522e4.jpg

The pool
3741641162_b15cf7e7ba.jpg

The gym
3741641198_914d717e3a.jpg

The theater (this was really nice! something like 16 leather recliners, some hightops w/ stools in the back and an ENORMOUS tv).
3741641280_12a1a0c1b4.jpg

Lobby & Concierge Desk
3740848129_2a07926739.jpg

3741641558_dd8b7eaa09.jpg

nice pix's for a phone! great skyline views,the interior's ok not my taste then again I live in an 180 yr old home.

That was me at the pool! Next time you should come out and say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back