Aerials

Too bad the weather has left the fall foliage so miserably muted this year. Thanks, DHZ.

Too bad the weather has left the fall foliage so miserably muted this year. Thanks, DHZ.

Google the NH lales region for some additonial aerial prhotos -- they coined a new term yesterday on one of the Local Station's weather feature of storm-related pix

Snowliage === smow + fall foliage

Unfortunately, the first buildings put up in the Back Bay also showed way more promise than what exists now in the SPID.

Let's get Sargent's Wharf developed before we even think about trying to move the Coast Guard somewhere else.

Who owns the parking lot between the Garden and Spaulding Rehab? (near the off ramp). Any chance that could ever get developed into a tower? Would look very cool driving down that off-ramp with Nashua Street Res on one side and another tower taking up that lot.

Who owns the parking lot between the Garden and Spaulding Rehab? (near the off ramp). Any chance that could ever get developed into a tower? Would look very cool driving down that off-ramp with Nashua Street Res on one side and another tower taking up that lot.

Partners/MGH does. It's their employee lot, and they're not going to give it up without some major compensation. Same with the old Spaulding building itself. I know that many want it (or the rear wing of it) come down to accommodate North Station expansion, but Partners is planning on using it for lab and office space, so nothing will happen with those sites for several years and a lot of legal wrangling.

Partners/MGH does. It's their employee lot, and they're not going to give it up without some major compensation. Same with the old Spaulding building itself. I know that many want it (or the rear wing of it) come down to accommodate North Station expansion, but Partners is planning on using it for lab and office space, so nothing will happen with those sites for several years and a lot of legal wrangling.

If I remember a conversation from RR.net correctly the main thing keeping the two tracks from being hooked up is actually the O2 tank in the back corner of Spaulding's parking lot, not the building itself. Granted, however, the rear wing would have to come down to rebuild the third draw and increase the tracks anymore than that.

Yeah that angle puts all of Boston's skylines together. I took the liberty to crop it down and tweak the levels to emphasize the goodies:

aerialn.jpg

If only it extended a little further right to get in Cambridge..

great photo! the Hancock and Pru really drawf the downtown towers from this veiw!

Back