Aerials

Excellent video. Tell your pal to do more.

Excellent video. Tell your pal to do more.

That's the idea. If you go to their vimeo page, you can see that they're trying to use this as a real estate marketing tool and have already done some test flights over Nahant and a home in Narragansett. I gave him some ideas of sites to go to where we know new towers will be rising, maybe as a marketing gesture for the new units coming online and getting an accurate idea of how stunning the views will be from the new buildings.

^ as a marketing tool for new buildings, interesting. I can see that. Keep us posted.

Ran across this interesting one from circa 1983. Look at all those parking lots.

1284.jpg

Kinda looks like the Mirabella Pool in the North End, but I don't think it has that reddish wrap around.

ur basic aerials from a plane last week seaport Worcester

Last edited:
Kinda looks like the Mirabella Pool in the North End, but I don't think it has that reddish wrap around.

I think that's probably the Mirabella Pool. Bing Maps aerial view shows a that a red border was painted recently on the pool deck. It's not visible via the Bird's Eye view.

Edit: though I notice that the black lane lines are missing from the Weather Channel photo

Can't wait to compare/contrast these shots with similar ones a few years in the future. Particularly the 2nd one, after CSC, Copley and Parcel 15 towers get built

So many parking lots. It almost seems like we have enough room to build forever.

5-20-14_boston-seaport_stock_6030-187%20copy.jpg

I know! Isn't that great?

Looking at that aerial, no one should lament that Boston has no room to grow. The opportunity is right there.

First things first, though. We need investments in rapid transit for that area post haste. The future = dense cities relying on rapid transit. Build the rapid transit and very few will complain about losing parking lots.

So many parking lots. It almost seems like we have enough room to build forever.

Is it at all possible that this area, once fully built out (assuming that it will in fact be fully built out one day), could follow the Back Bay, South End, North End, Fort Point, etc. model rather than the New West End/Northpoint model?

Back