Allston-Brighton Infill and Small Developments

Oh good, so there is still room for one more between them.

^ No. As I recall they quickly moved into space elsewhere in the strip mall but didn't last long. I wonder if there are plans to put anything on the old Belo site besides asphalt and cars.

There's a CVS three blocks away.

This. Don't forget they also recently opened a store a mile away in the old Comp USA shell. Can you say market saturation?

Drove by the new TD Bank going in where UNOs used to be on Comm Ave. While it's nice and new, the facade of the bank looks pretty bad next to its surroundings. It would be one thing if it were a stand alone building. But since it's not, the facade they've built does not look that great.

Charlesview
4ceafb0f.jpg
d0b26407.jpg

^ New rendering in the link inside the tweet (unable to post for some reason)

I'm excited.

I don't know if this is overstepping bounds, but could we keep the Charlesview stuff in the Charlesview thread, the New Balance / New Brighton Landing stuff in it's thread, and the other Allston/Brighton developments like the project on Brainard (which btw has the foundation mostly done) stuff in this thread?

The information is everywhere and it can effect the flow of conversation. Plus in a few years or so if someone goes back to search for something it will be harder to figure out where it is.

I'll second davem's sentiments. Please let's not be lazy about putting photos and articles where they belong, folks.

Could be worse. At least it's not surrounded by an acre of empty parking lots like the banks on Market Street.

^ Straight outta Canton.

Laughed at this for 10 minutes.

The bank facade (including its shitty little cornice) look Photoshopped onto the brick apartment building.

Much of my misspent youth happened within a hundred yards of this location. The area in general has slid toward the generic since the mid-90s.

Back