Allston-Brighton Infill and Small Developments

I heard from a realtor it's going to be condos.

The development behind Charing Cross has to be a joke. Mount Vernon is on there 4th building and this site hasn't even started demolition.

Worst empty lot 2013.

375 Market

10585842603_a44a1d6fa5_b.jpg

Two new proposals:

1505 Comm Ave (next to 1501), a conversion of the old 6-story office building up there on the hill into residences. Condos or apts not decided yet. Expected: 85 1 and 2BR units obtained by extending the building over the parking lot, of which 15% will be "affordable." Will maintain 95 parking spaces.

1650 Comm Ave (old gas station), another project by Merrill Diamond, plans to cap the site to mitigate environmental damage, then build a 4-5 story Art Deco building with 41 1 and 2BR units of which 6 will be "affordable" and 35 parking spaces behind one ground-floor retail space (2200sf) and a community room.

Public meeting WEDNESDAY Dec. 4th, 6:30 pm at BRIGHTON MARINE, regarding the proposed development of the parcel at the corner of Parsons & Washington St. (currently Commerce Bank, Minihanes etc)

The developer is proposing a 4 story building with 60 units of housing plus space for a bank & "an urban grocery store". (44 at-grade parking spaces in the middle of the complex, the commercial loading dock, trash collection and the 95 space below-level parking garage)

http://www.bostonredevelopmentautho...ighborhoodid=25&sortby=name&sortdirection=ASC

This is in addition to the 28 housing unit project and 48 parking spaces (approved) at the sight of the McNamara Funeral Home at 458 Washington St.
PLUS
the project underway on Market St. with 39 residential units & 58 parking spaces.

MEETING- Wed. Dec. 4
6:30 pm
Brighton Marine Health Center on Warren St.
Conference room #1 - 3rd floor

Believe it or not, NIMBYs still don't think a 1.5 to 2:1 parking ratio is good enough and will demand more. If anyone wants to go be a voice of reason, thank you.

Ugh god, that parking lot.
Everett_zpsa967589d.png

At least it's right on Lincoln Street, but with the main facade facing Everett, it's safe to say that parking lot will be there for ever. Not to mention the 80s mall aesthetic. At minimum they could have plopped a few floors of residential or office on top. With the New Balance project going on nearby, the new commuter rail station, and long-range plans to redevelop the Stop and Shop across the Pike, this is a mess from an urban planning perspective.

I hate to say it, but I think I prefer the existing abandoned building. At least it has a tiny bit of architectural merit and some relative height.

Untitled_zps9d17f4b0.png

Aside from the narrow sidewalk, existing building looks fine

*tears* my cute widdle Brighton is growing up! My only concern is that traffic at that intersection is already maxed out...60 residential units isn't that big of a number, but boy oh boy is that already one of the worst intersections in all of Allston-Brighton.

Back