archBoston Presidential Poll 2012

For whom will you be voting on Tuesday?

• Total voters
That was a great post, Kent. It won't make a difference though. Dude is angry and not going to let facts get in his way.

If success is measured only the amount of assets you own then why didn't you become a stock trader? Stock traders probably make more than 10X the income you are currently making and yet, many of them do not own businesses or create jobs. In that regards, you look more like a failure who is having trouble adapting to the changing economic environment and your unchanging attitude provides further proof of someone who is unwilling to change with the time.

?

This was a very poor example STOCK TRADERS make 10x the amount of income. NO SHIT

Comparing a hard working individual to Wall Street losers that have bankrupt the working class is pathetic.

In theory. If we never bailed out Wall Street. BosDevelopGuy Dollar is much stronger and his small company buying power would be looking to expand. But instead we bailed out failure so BosDevelop Dollar is devalued and he is having trouble making payroll.

No seriously bailing out Failure is what made AMERICA.

MAYBE Kentxie & Justin can give some of their personal money to Bosdevelop? Bosdevelop guy creates jobs. Just like we give our money to Liberty Mutual, or Bankrupt Evergreen Energy or Beacon Power.

I think its time to bailout Bosdevelop

Last edited:
"Everything Matters-The Debt-The Corruption........
This will happen in Amerika also at the present course that the country is following.......IMO."

Greatest corruption scandal in the Dominican Republic is happening right now.

International and local press remains silent.

After a mandate characterized by rampant estate spending, politicians getting lavish houses and cars, pensions of about USD$12,500 a month for top party officials for four years of work while still having a thousand of dollars government job in another position (Minimum wage is a little over $200), crazy salary hikes, blatant clientelism and tax evasion, millions and millions in government money to fund the official party's presidential campaign, and many other things, the party ends and the people have to pay the bill.
The congress has approved a fiscal reform that basically screws the people, raising taxes in general and taxing basic food items, as well as small internet purchases that were one of the few ways to circumvent the abusive local retailers (You'd have to pay double the online price + shipping for basically anything).
This problem isn't solved by taxing, it's solved by making those responsible pay. Not a single politician has been put in jail or even tried, even those for whom there is incontrovertible evidence of ghastly instances of fraud and corruption. Today the reform was approved by a government controlled Congress in just 19 minutes with no room for debates. Dissenting congressmen were silenced and not given the opportunity to speak. A student was killed during riots in the state university and it's believed to be the first of several deaths in the near future.
All because a central figure named Leonel Fernandez, until 84 days ago the President of 12 years, personally controls all of the State Powers: Government, Congress and Supreme Court. He also controls most of the media, so even the fourth state is under his power. It's ironic since countries like Canada gave him an award as Statesman of the Year and named him "the Oracle of Santo Domingo" all because he let a canadian-based gold mining corporation named Barrick started raping the land and destroying the environment of the island. The people have had enough and we need your help, Reddit. Let us help make some noise so the eyes of the world get turned on our small country "

Sounds very familiar.

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-878860?ref=feeds/latest

For that, I will respond in kind. Tough shit.

This response underscores your fundamental lack of understanding of the issues at hand. You, and your newly elected officials, espouse a keynesian, or tax and spend methodology. But now, shockingly, you're telling a small business owner that he's shit outta luck. I guess GM was shit outta luck too.

Are you sure you're not just telling me "tough shit" because I voted against Obama?

Keynesian economic ideas are not "tax and spend." The word I would use to describe Keynesian-style policies is "counter-cyclical." When the economy is booming, the government should rein itself in and pay down debts. When the economy is in recession, the government should do the opposite, and step in to provide support until the trouble fades.

Your behavior in this thread, bosdevelopment, has exposed your ignorance about economic matters as well as political ones.

Keynesian economic ideas are not "tax and spend." The word I would use to describe Keynesian-style policies is "counter-cyclical." When the economy is booming, the government should rein itself in and pay down debts. When the economy is in recession, the government should do the opposite, and step in to provide support until the trouble fades.

Your behavior in this thread, bosdevelopment, has exposed your ignorance about economic matters as well as political ones.

I agree with Bosdevelopment.

The Private Federal Reserve Bank which controls interest rates and the buying power for our dollar which continues to print our dollar and lend it to the banks at 0% interest then the banks buying Treasuries at 3%...This theory makes no sense since they are destroying the buying power to the Working class & middle class who are the only people that actually can bring the economy back. Instead of the hardworking individuals being able to spend their own money. Our politicans want to spend our money and enrich their friends.

Somebody really might want to remember this quote.

“When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. ... Benjamin Franklin

That action taken to recapitalize banks has little to do with Keynesian policy, and more to do with weird politics. It is a strange way to go about it, I agree, but it also has had almost no effect on inflation, which remains well under 2%. We even stepped over the line into deflationary territory back in 2009, but fortunately did not spiral any further down.

But I'm going to guess that you are completely unaware that inflation has been extremely low for the last few years.

That action taken to recapitalize banks has little to do with Keynesian policy, and more to do with weird politics. It is a strange way to go about it, I agree, but it also has had almost no effect on inflation, which remains well under 2%. We even stepped over the line into deflationary territory back in 2009, but fortunately did not spiral any further down.

But I'm going to guess that you are completely unaware that inflation has been extremely low for the last few years.

This is not got to be INFLATIONARY......The Federal Reserve Bank is going to devalue the Currency (destroy the currency and make it worthless which make basic necessities of life like Energy, Healthcare, food very expensive.
In theory this is how Obama cuts the deficit in Half. Honest & Hardworking Famlies will be destroyed with this type of thinking.

Everything else will follow Deflation especially working American Salaries,.

This is a real bad path to be on. I also believe Romney would have done the same thing.

This is not got to be INFLATIONARY......The Federal Reserve Bank is going to devalue the Currency (destroy the currency and make it worthless which make basic necessities of life like Energy, Healthcare, food very expensive.
In theory this is how Obama cuts the deficit in Half. Honest & Hardworking Famlies will be destroyed with this type of thinking.

That's literally the definition of inflation

Indeed, he doesn't seem to know the difference between inflation and currency depreciation. I also doubt that he understands how currency value interacts with exports and capital flows.

On Tuesday, the misguided, misinformed and malignant madmen were defeated decisively. It's a great relief to be able to enjoy the rantings of lunatic trolls on Internet forums, and know that they can't hurt us.

That's literally the definition of inflation

Yes & No.........In theory this should be the definition of Inflation. But due to the unique situation this country is in and the whacky policies Ben Bernanke leads this country down. If their is a massive wave of job losses this will automatically trigger Deflation.

**Without the Federal Reserve Intervention this country would have faced a massive Deflationary Spiral of Unemployment== 1930's depression.

**With the Federal Reserve intervention leaning towards Devaluing the America Dollar at all costs could trigger 2 dangerous events.
=Hyper-inflation in what we call survial of necessities. (energy, Healthcare and food
=Hyper-Deflationary Spiral with everything else. Especially loss of jobs
This could be a once in a life-time CHAOTIC event .

"Inflation, on the other hand, refers to the value of the currency in goods and services (related to its purchasing power). Altering the face value of a currency without reducing its exchange rate is a redenomination, not a devaluation or revaluation" There is a difference between Devaluation & Inflation.

An example of Inflation vs currency devalution
(The rapidly increasing price of gas is due mainly to increasing world demand, although the weakening dollar is also a culprit in the current high price of a barrel of oil. The demand for gum balls, on the other hand, is pretty flat.)

In Inflation the price of everything soars.
In currency devlaution not everything soars (still supply & demand)

Last edited:
I understand the conceptual worries about inflation. I think that is the reason the FED waiting so long to implement and open-ended QE3. Fear of inflation. But the fact remains that inflation has not materialized and that as a nation, our borrowing costs are essentially at negative real rates (nominal rate-inflation projection). This means that people are willing to loss $ (in real terms) over time just to have the US gov't hold it for them in the meantime. What that tells me is that we should use these 0% loans to invest heavily in infrastructure (planes, trains, and automobiles, internet, power systems) and education. This has huge long run benefits and returns to the economy, and if we can build them at cost, I say build a lot and build it now.

Your own words are the definition of tax and spend. What, in your own words please, is the definition of the "government stepping in to provide support until the trouble fades?" Are you even serious? This is the definition of active fiscal policy. Are you arguing just for the sake of arguing at this point?

Indeed, he doesn't seem to know the difference between inflation and currency depreciation. I also doubt that he understands how currency value interacts with exports and capital flows.

On Tuesday, the misguided, misinformed and malignant madmen were defeated decisively. It's a great relief to be able to enjoy the rantings of lunatic trolls on Internet forums, and know that they can't hurt us.

“All cruelty springs from weakness.”
― Seneca

Your own words are the definition of tax and spend. What, in your own words please, is the definition of the "government stepping in to provide support until the trouble fades?"

You are missing the other half, which is to pay down debts, cut spending, and run a surplus when the economy is booming. It is just as important, and cannot be omitted.

You and the Republicans both missed that point. Hence the profligate, irresponsible spending of the Bush years.

If this had been solely a referendum on the economy, the Republicans might conceivably have won.

Unfortunately for them, they were laden down with anti-immigrant, anti-woman, anti-black, anti-gay, anti-"47%", birther, pro-rapist, and other extremist positions that proved to be woefully out of touch with 2012 America.

Re: archBoston political trolling and genital wagging thread 2012

Unfortunately for them, they were laden down with anti-immigrant, anti-woman, anti-black, anti-gay, birther, pro-rapist, and other extremist positions that proved to be woefully out of touch with 2012 America.

That statement is loaded with so much hypocrisy it isn't even funny.

Enjoy your new senator. You might not hear from her again until the next election.
http://bostonglobe.com/metro/2012/11/09/woman-few-words/g5c9RsRuoKo24VVWK9eawI/story.html

She seemed to freeze up. It was a disaster. She is such a passionate woman. Just questions from local news anchors would prompt her into passionate discussion, often aimed directly at the anchor even though the anchor wasn't even arguing with her.

Hopefully this was her "Debate #1" of her political career.

Re: archBoston political trolling and genital wagging thread 2012

That statement is loaded with so much hypocrisy it isn't even funny.

Enjoy your new senator. You might not hear from her again until the next election.
http://bostonglobe.com/metro/2012/11/09/woman-few-words/g5c9RsRuoKo24VVWK9eawI/story.html

How in the hell did this women get elected? Is the elections rigged. I mean seriously she really has no clue.

Did anybody see her commercials.. Elizabeth Warren stood up to Wall Street. So what did she exactly do? call the Bankers bad people.

Elizabeth Warren is the definition of what is wrong with this system.

Back