Assembly Square Infill and Small Developments | Somerville

And yet the underpass from Ten Hills and the rest of the Mystic path system is still *officially* incomplete!

And yet the underpass from Ten Hills and the rest of the Mystic path system is still *officially* incomplete!
I think its fair to call this the theaters opening early, rather than the transport network opening late.

I think what really matters is getting the path stuff and the T station open at the same time as each other and before too much other office/residential opens.

I don't understand why that underpass isn't officially open, as all the construction was finished by last October.

Legoland is scheduled for a May 23 opening.

Was walking through the development this weekend. There is a lot of dirt being moved around on the far eastern parcels (7 and 8(, while the parcels directly east of the four completed buildings (5 and 6) oddly have parking lots with newly planted trees. Seems like a lot of high touch work to do on a surface lot that is scheduled to be built on in the next couple years.

ojIb6yn.jpg

Was walking through the development this weekend. There is a lot of dirt being moved around on the far eastern parcels (7 and 8(, while the parcels directly east of the four completed buildings (5 and 6) oddly have parking lots with newly planted trees. Seems like a lot of high touch work to do on a surface lot that is scheduled to be built on in the next couple years.

ojIb6yn.jpg

I didn't know there was a condo compotent here. There is an RFP out for a 200-key hotel with 60-80 condominiums between 1000 SF and 1400 SF on block 5

Assembly Row (retail, restaurants, and attractions) will officially open at the end of this month.

Assembly Row at Assembly Square
1 min ·
We're gearing up to officially open at the end of this month and throughout May, we'll be spotlighting the outlets, restaurants and attractions that you'll find at Assembly Row and when they'll be opening!

I know that this is a taboo subject on this forum, but does anyone know what the parking situation for the T stop will be?

I know that this is a taboo subject on this forum, but does anyone know what the parking situation for the T stop will be?

There's a parking garage next to the AMC that is a quick walk to the station. I think that's as close as you're going to get.

I think it is a great question!

Previously there was little policing of parked cars for the big box stores at Assembly. Now you have acres of tempting parking lots to attract folks who previously parked at Sullivan or Wellington.

Parking becomes a threefold problem: commuters leaving cars all day or longer, 4,000 workers at the soon-to-be-built Partners location, and then, of course, outlet shopping historically draws crowds from miles away. Imagine this place, at full-buildout during the Christmas season.

I was not under the impression that this stop was a park-n-ride.

Nope. But, I think the discussion above indicates real potential for this to become a de facto park n' ride with the acres of big box parking lots.

Much like people parking at Home Depot at Quincy Adams.

I would love it if the parking lots for Assembly Square Plaza got developed to really connect the neighborhood to the big-box stores. Build another parking garage to replace the lots and have at it! Hell, if it's possible to engineer, build housing over the box stores! Whee!

i could see it getting there after the rest of the build out is complete. I mean another garage with more housing is a no brainer there.

I've said all along, I also really hopes this pushes Boston to go big in Sullivan sq. too. If walsh really wants to be serious about high rise, workforce housing, sullivan sq. should be a serious investment.

Nope. But, I think the discussion above indicates real potential for this to become a de facto park n' ride with the acres of big box parking lots.

Much like people parking at Home Depot at Quincy Adams.

Simple solution: tag and tow.

I've said all along, I also really hopes this pushes Boston to go big in Sullivan sq. too. If walsh really wants to be serious about high rise, workforce housing, sullivan sq. should be a serious investment.

You'd need a better way to get across the tracks than is there right now. I assume it's possible along the river, at least for ped/bike.

I'm thinking sullivan sq. itself. Cambridge and Somerville are pushing big new developments on either side that need new stations and everything. Meanwhile Boston has one right there with minimal neighbors. Realign the street, carve up blocks and just upzone the whole area for mixed use residential with the greatest height near 93 and stepping down into charlestown. Allow 300-400 feet near the station going to 4-7 stories near existing residential areas. Then site back and watch the free market work.

If Walsh embraced and advocated this as an economic and workforce development issue it could go through. Otherwise, it would just be another NIMBY fought opportunity 10 years delayed and 40% smaller than optimal plus inaccessible pocket park.

Back