Atlantic Wharf (née Russia Wharf) | Atlantic Ave | Waterfront

Re: Atlantic Wharf (formerly Russia Wharf)

?All the finishes will be identical, so it will read like one large, continuous property,?? Cantalupa said. ?It?s going to be great space for the public.?"

The public loves large footprints so much that even the impression of it being one large footprint will ingratiate them to this development for centuries.

The area was named Russia Wharf because it primarily traded with the port of St. Petersburg, Russia, in the 1800s; Boston Properties is renaming it Atlantic Wharf.

The public will also no doubt be grateful for the elminitation of this profoundly confusing name. The wharf is nowhere near Russia, but is, as the renaming makes very clear, quite proximiate to the Atlantic Ocean.

The system is based on a technique that the developer, Boston Properties, calls ?harvesting rain.??

Wow. these guys are brilliant! "Harvesting rain" I can't believe no one has thought of this idea before.

rainbarrelcleancalgaryoakbarrel1.jpg

I hope they do something with the crown otherwise another box,Stone&Webster building pt2 yesterday from 93 north
004-8.jpg
007-8.jpg
003-9.jpg

IMG_3175.jpg

IMG_3184.jpg

IMG_3204.jpg

IMG_3208.jpg

Some new shots will be posted in a couple of hours, when photobucket eats them. By new I mean angles weve seen less of, all pics taken today

Alright and here they are.

Before today I didnt understand how the base really worked- I didnt know there were 3 buildings, always thought it was two.

IMG_3210.jpg

IMG_3211.jpg

IMG_3212.jpg

IMG_3213.jpg

IMG_3214.jpg

IMG_3215.jpg

IMG_3216-1.jpg

IMG_3217-1.jpg

IMG_3221-1.jpg

IMG_3222-1.jpg

IMG_3223-1.jpg

IMG_3224-1.jpg

IMG_3225-1.jpg

IMG_3226-1.jpg

IMG_3227-1.jpg

IMG_3228-1.jpg

IMG_3229-1.jpg

IMG_3230-1.jpg

IMG_3231-1.jpg

IMG_3232-1.jpg

IMG_3233-1.jpg

IMG_3234-1.jpg

IMG_3235-1.jpg

IMG_3236-1.jpg

IMG_3237-1.jpg

IMG_3238-1.jpg

IMG_3239-1.jpg

IMG_3240-1.jpg

IMG_3241-1.jpg

IMG_3242.jpg

IMG_3243.jpg

IMG_3244.jpg

IMG_3245.jpg

IMG_3246.jpg

IMG_3247.jpg

IMG_3248.jpg

IMG_3249.jpg

IMG_3250.jpg

IMG_3251.jpg

IMG_3252.jpg

Awesome pics Jass! Thanks!
Anyone know what the IC-facing facade will look like at ground level?
(i.e., the northeast facing side of the wharf buildings where the original facade doesn't seem to be preserved)

Wonderful photos, thanks for your efforts.

If the renderings are accurate, we can expect to see another 20'-30' of screen lining the roof.

I really like this project.

Great pics Jass.

I really like the IC, but I hate seeing all those flat un-used portions of the roof. The Russia Wharf article is talking about their inovative (yes we do it all the time, and it's called a rainwater harvest system) "harvesting rain" system, and right next door is the IC with their black rubber membrane roofs doing nothing to make the project more energy efficient. Those flat portions just scream that they should be vegetated roofs with resident or renter access. Hell, and upper level restaurant with exterior seating, or an extension of a meeting room/ball room.

Nope just wasted space.

Great pics Jass.

I really like the IC, but I hate seeing all those flat un-used portions of the roof. The Russia Wharf article is talking about their inovative (yes we do it all the time, and it's called a rainwater harvest system) "harvesting rain" system, and right next door is the IC with their black rubber membrane roofs doing nothing to make the project more energy efficient. Those flat portions just scream that they should be vegetated roofs with resident or renter access. Hell, and upper level restaurant with exterior seating, or an extension of a meeting room/ball room.

Nope just wasted space.

It might have something to do with the fact that the building is surrounding a vent shaft for the highway below. That is alot of smog to be around in a small concentrated area. I think NED would die actually.

Great close ups Jass!^ today from South Boston
024-6.jpg
028-6.jpg
029-5.jpg
030-7.jpg
031-7.jpg
039-4.jpg
043-5.jpg
044-5.jpg

So is there still going to be a spire on that front left corner? It that corner getting lit up? There's been several renderings Im confused on the final.

From the roof of the Hancock:

DSC01715.jpg

Great shot! You can see many of Boston's newest buildings in that shot:

- W Hotel
- Two Financial Center
- Archstone Combat Zone
- One Lincoln - State Street
- Fan Pier
- Russia Wharf

How did you get on the roof?!?!

If you look at the pictures on the 'Hancock of the Day' thread you will see many, many more from the Hancock roof. I am working on the marketing of the property and was up there along with a real photographer. These posts are just my dinky little point-and-click.

In my opinion, this building has officially reached the ELEGANT status. It is very nicely done.

I think the design choices they made are well done. Kudos are in order.

cca

^ I like the optimism! I am also a fan.

So is there still going to be a spire on that front left corner? It that corner getting lit up? There's been several renderings Im confused on the final.
The spire is still there, unsure if the roof line is going to be flat or tapered towards the water-side!

A couple pictures from The Globe. The first giving a pretty good idea of what the missing elements will look like (crown and spire/"spire-holder"?). The second illustrating how the rainwater harvesting system works.

russia-wharf-539__1254754579_4759.jpg

graphic__1254742254_2506.gif

Back