Atlantic Wharf (née Russia Wharf) | Atlantic Ave | Waterfront

Re: Atlantic Wharf (formerly Russia Wharf)

Boston Harbor Islands Red Light District!

By the way, those pictures were awesome. The bird's eye view is one we haven't gotten yet.

From today

IMG_3064.jpg

IMG_3066.jpg

IMG_3067.jpg

IMG_3070.jpg

IMG_3074.jpg

IMG_3078.jpg

IMG_3079.jpg

Gee, I really hate to commit before a building is completed... but I like this building. Great shots from the 34th floor, islands in the background, the long lens haze. Thanks. I think it's a perfect height. I'm glad it's not taller. Love the mix of old and new done well. I hope it turns out as well as we're all hoping... Imagine, a buidling that equals its renderings. A rarity in Boston. Lately.

Were those silver beam things in any of the renderings? They kinda ruin it for me.

DZH22: Thanks for excellent photographic coverage of this project. Excellent IMO.

Considering how visible the building is and the high profile location, it's like a bloop hit over the shortstop, it works but just barely.

Now what we need is to build something over that little garage thingie to enclose Dewey Sq.

Last edited:

No what we need is to build something over that little garage thingie to enclose Dewey Sq.

What's the story on that? Surely the plan must be to do as you've suggested...

Right?

I can't imagine that thing being the end game even in the most warped of imaginations.

A better pix from the SS po
040-8.jpg
041-8.jpg
043-7.jpg
yesterday from SBW
048-9.jpg
049-8.jpg
0500-1.jpg
052-7.jpg
039-5.jpg
060-5.jpg
061-5.jpg
062-7.jpg
064-6.jpg
008-10.jpg
//i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn80/boston02124/boston%20skyline/065-7.jpg[/IMG] se xp
008-9.jpg
011-11.jpg
logan toll ramp
112-3.jpg
113-2.jpg
012-14.jpg
022-9.jpg
021-7.jpg

Last edited:

nice pics Boston02124. I really like this building. I can't believe I'm going to say this but: I think it takes a little of the edge off the Federal Reserve building, especially from the waterfront.

One Financial Center is the real beast that needs slaying

Those first two photos in the set look like they could be ANY city in the U.S. It's no fault of the photographer (thanks again, by the way), but it has such a generic look/feel to it.

One Financial Center is the real beast that needs slaying

I never really hated One Financial as much as some people. I've always disliked The Federal Reserve much, much more.

What's that fire in the 8th pic?

Back