Atlantic Wharf (née Russia Wharf) | Atlantic Ave | Waterfront

Re: Atlantic Wharf (formerly Russia Wharf)

today from logan
084-4.jpg
085-5.jpg
083-2.jpg
down to one crane

Today

IMG_3769.jpg

IMG_3770.jpg

IMG_3771.jpg

IMG_3773.jpg

IMG_3774.jpg

IMG_3775.jpg

IMG_3776.jpg

IMG_3777.jpg

IMG_3778.jpg

IMG_3779.jpg

IMG_3780.jpg

IMG_3783.jpg

IMG_3784.jpg

IMG_3786.jpg

IMG_3787.jpg

IMG_3788.jpg

IMG_3789.jpg

IMG_3790.jpg

IMG_3791.jpg

IMG_3792.jpg

IMG_3793.jpg

IMG_3799.jpg

A couple more will be coming in a bit

That red tree trunk thing in the lobby is so ridiculously silly.

Couple more, featuring a new giant spire

IMG_3831.jpg

IMG_3866.jpg

IMG_3897.jpg

IMG_3898.jpg

IMG_3900.jpg

Spire is barely noticeable. They need to light it up.

I think jass is being sarcastic.

The "spire" shots make the building look like a shorter BOA tower in NYC (1 Bryant Park I believe).

Too bad that the spire couldn't look something like the crane. It makes the building really stand out.

I hope when the real spire is finnished they don't have to top it off with a red light,but is lit another way! Nice pixs jass here and Fan pier like the skyline shots the most and that ur able to walk around the buildings, something I've hav'nt yet been able to do. another drive by from today,sometimes this building looks as tall as the Federal Reserve Blgd.
024-11.jpg
026-10.jpg
027-8.jpg
0288-1.jpg
029-14.jpg
031-14.jpg
035-12.jpg
0333.jpg
033-11.jpg
032-15.jpg

Isn't the red light required as part of some FAA regulation?

Isn't the red light required as part of some FAA regulation?

It is. If you look at my first night pictures, all the buildings around it have the red blinking light, so the spire will too (and maybe the roof)

Is the spire taller than the roof line? If so then yes it will have a red light.

The spire has one more 70 ft section that still has to go on. It will be lit up. The rings have lights mounted on top of them, lighting up the rings above them. The can be set to any color or to rotate colors.

Do we have any official heights to the... roof, parapet, and spire?

The spire has one more 70 ft section that still has to go on. It will be lit up. The rings have lights mounted on top of them, lighting up the rings above them. The can be set to any color or to rotate colors.
sounds cool!

A Newburyport woodworking firm is claiming that union interference has cost it a $3 million job at the under-construction Russia Wharf office building, on the Rose Kennedy Greenway.

According to the Newburyport Daily News:

[Owner Mark Richey] said he was told the Carpenters Union had pressured the developer, Wellington Management LLC, into dumping Richey?s nonunionized business in favor of a higher-priced, union shop ?

Richey said his company was the pre-qualified bidder on the 33-story project, currently one of the biggest construction projects on the Boston skyline ?

Though Mark Richey Woodworking is a nonunion shop, it uses union carpenters to install its Boston work, Richey said, and pays the ?prevailing wage or better? for work, plus benefits. The prevailing wage is about $40 to $50 an hour, based on skill levels.

Although state legislators have promised to get involved, since it is a private company making its own business decisions, there is little that can be done, authorities said.

http://www.newburyportnews.com/punews/local_story_343220746.html

Is it me or is that just some bad reporting? Isn't the developer Boston Properties, and Wellington Management just a tenant? Also the name is Atlantic Wharf now, not Russia Wharf.

Back