Avalon North Station | Nashua Street Residences | West End

Re: Nashua Street Residences (North Station)

^^^
I don't think this is the primary entrance to the TDG. Unless you mean vehicular entry, since it is actually going to be over the parking garage for the garden. And, if I remember correctly, original design incorporates a car ramp to the second floor of the building from the street in order to give access to building's own garage.
Basically, don't expect much out of this one...

the biggest question I have about this development will be the street level and the approach to the Garden.

I hope that spot gets built on in the foreseeable future, preferably > 700'.

The site for this proposal is here. (Renders.)

^^^ Contextual

Talk about an epic parking ramp. They don't even try to hide it. It's just THERE. Front and center. "Hello I'm here, and I'm as anti-urban as I can be!"

Talk about an epic parking ramp. They don't even try to hide it. It's just THERE. Front and center. "Hello I'm here, and I'm as anti-urban as I can be!"

uhh, thats a 400+ foot tower above that ramp

Ramp may also connect to the main floor of the Garden for the elephants during circus time...at least that was the purpose of the ramp on the old Garden.

Is there a timeline for construction on this project yet or are there just renderings of what the project "might" look like?

I hope the design gets a refresh. This looks bland and dated. Not much more than a slicker version of the dumbed down version of Kensington now under construction. Prefab masonry with square windows...Glass curtain wall accent element...The new BU dorm tower that confronts you at the Allston tolls is more exciting.

What's there now is ramps, and what's in the renders is ramps with a building on top. Not sure how you can get too up in arms about it. As is, that's the butt end of the building. It's the service entrance. Now it'll be a service entrance that people live over. I'm more concerned about what gets built on the ground floor of the building that'll go up out front in what's now the parking lot.

"AvalonBay’s forthcoming “notice of project change” filing will launch another review by an impact advisory group created by the BRA."

Why is this necessary if the specs are essentially the same? Could the BRA screw this project and un-approve something that's really already been approved?

Skipping out on filing an NPC is a gateway to disaster. They are essential to the approval process. One building skips the NPC and then another, and then another, and then you have all of these buildings without clearly defined programs and specs.

Not terrible but man that video is over the top. Augustana? Really? Apparently Nashua Street is a troubled woman who has had her heart broken.

Improved, but still a bit bland. A bit of Millennium has been added.

The soundtrack is absurd.

If this tower really does bring the new life it promises to the area, then I think the Augustana choice is strikingly appropriate and not just because the song says Boston. The song is about rebirth and starting new. This site has been blighted since the new Garden was put up.

Nashua Street itself may not be a troubled woman with a broken heart, but the West End sure as hell is.

That "Greatest Neighborhood This Side of Heaven" script, sitting on a highway onramp wall amid a wasteland of other highway onramps and highwayike roads, has long been one of the most ridiculous pieces of public art in Boston. Can't tell if this video was acknowledging that or taking it for its word.

What's with the renders of Bulfinch Triangle streets turning into woonerfs? Is this actually happening?

Who cares about the song, the whole video is garbage. I could have made that video. Some firm put this out? The hell?

That building is garbage, and the street interaction is non-existent.

CBT is consistently atrocious. Why do they get so much work in Boston? Are they really, really cheap? Do they keep "Fats" Menino on the payroll? I'd like to see them move their focus to another target market ... like Holyoke.

I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on the street wall. It's fenced in between the Garden, the Federal Building and the on-ramp that's passed off as "Nassua Street." It's not much of a pedestrian way now, and if it becomes one they've got space to bump out a cafe or something.

Back