Avalon North Station | Nashua Street Residences | West End

Re: Nashua Street Residences | MBTA North Station Garage | West End

How reliable is this source? It's been over a year since we had any real news on this one. This is going to sneaky-dominate that area until the TD Garden Towers are built.

The article said "hope to start", which doesn't sopund very definite for something a month away.

the-x-files-i-want-to-believe-print.jpg

The article said "hope to start", which doesn't sopund very definite for something a month away.

On the other hand we haven't heard a single thing about this since February 2013. It was supposed to start LAST summer. That's a year and a half of nothing, so I'm at least tepidly excited to see it mentioned again.

Maybe they were waiting for the new Garden entrance/exit to finish up. That would make sense, seeing as their cite sits directly over the old one. Doesn't really explain why they've waited a few months after that though.

Doesn't really explain why they've waited a few months after that though.

Must be the same "reason" why Millennium Tower took an extra year to restart, Copley is still on hold, CSC is waiting for winter..... It's all just a big prank on the archboston forumers!!!!!

This thing can take as long as it wants. I just don't like the design and aesthetics at all. I hope against hope for another redesign.

I appreciate the density- it's in the right place. I can take density with poor design when it's more or less buried with other buildings (looking at you, Kensington) but this will be so very prominent for what will likely be a few years.

Call me petty (because I am being petty) but I just don't want to deal with looking at this when I'm around town, or taking the train in, or what have you, when this could obviously be done so much better.

^Agreed. This is one project I would be thrilled to see die a long, slow death. Barring a radical redesign, that is..

I searched through the thread and couldn't really find any clear final renders...does anyone have anything?

Is this quote from the article:

"In the district called the Bulfinch Triangle, two projects have been completed, One Canal is underway, and the fourth is expected to get into construction by year end. This work is the “realization of a big plan and vision,” says BRA senior planner Jonathan Greeley. "

referring to the Merano, or to Nashua St. Residences? seems to me its referring to the Merano. Is that supposed to get started this year too?

Is this quote from the article:

"In the district called the Bulfinch Triangle, two projects have been completed, One Canal is underway, and the fourth is expected to get into construction by year end. This work is the “realization of a big plan and vision,” says BRA senior planner Jonathan Greeley. "

referring to the Merano, or to Nashua St. Residences? seems to me its referring to the Merano. Is that supposed to get started this year too?

This was at the end of the paragraph about the Victor:
On the other side of Causeway Street, AvalonBay and Delaware North hope to start construction in August on $500M Nashua Street Residences—500 residential units and 3,300 SF of retail.

tmac, you can find renderings on the BRA page and in the PNF/NPC (big file).

^^ thanks bud...and yea, that definitely leaves a lot to be desired. Even leaving it as all-glass would make it much better. That precast is rough.

The 100% design plans are going around, so this thing probably is going to go ahead in it's current form.

Need to see some better renderings. This one will have a pretty significant impact on the skyline, extending it northward. The pdf shows it will be taller than 415' with the mechanical.

It's great to see these taller projects getting off the ground ... for those of us who care much about height/skyline, anyway.

Agreed, underwhelming design. Modest saving graces: arcade may be a plus, and anything that hides even a small part of the Tip O'Neal.

Need to see some better renderings. This one will have a pretty significant impact on the skyline, extending it northward. The pdf shows it will be taller than 415' with the mechanical.

It's great to see these taller projects getting off the ground ... for those of us who care much about height/skyline, anyway.

Yea everything you just said. This one will be massively noticeable coming in from the north and will be visible from many locations. It will also help bridge the gap between downtown skyline and the smaller cluster forming in the Northpoint area.

Copying this over from The Boston Garden thread- it seems work on this is starting today!

Hi, folks,

Apologies if this is in the wrong category.

As a resident of Sierra-Tango (Northpoint), I received a communique this morning about EZRide delays in the surrounding area.

Note number 2 (of 3) was confounding:

<<North Station Residential Tower Construction: Starting on August 4th, construction on a new 38-story residential tower will begin behind the TD Garden and North Station. The roadways currently used by EZRide Shuttle are within the work zone, and will be shifted out onto Nashua Street during this work.>>

Has anyone been by the site?

This is the beginning of the second wave of big construction projects expected to start over the next few months and into next year. One Seaport and 888 Boylston could begin any day now ... CSC, the Garden, the Point right after that. Copley early next year. Hopefully we can get 40 Trinity and Congress street garage in there too.

Can somebody please confirm that this has started?

I went by yesterday but it wasn't really worth taking pictures because there was just a excavator on site and fencing around a lot i believe.

Drove up the Leverett connector this morning, there was a smallish black and white crane on the site, not sure if this is new or somehow related to the excavation lynquezy mentions. Was hard to see much from the highway.

Back