Avalon North Station | Nashua Street Residences | West End

Re: Nashua Street Residences | MBTA North Station Garage | West End

Several pieces of equipment, lots of folks, and a lots of unpacking (couldn't see of what) on the site this morning.

I like the depth that the balconies add to Tremont on the Common. I think it actually looks quite nice. The balconies are not ToC's problem in the slightest. The problem is the base which can easily be fixed, but is an issue for another thread.

Took the words right out of my mouth. The balconies are the BEST thing about that building.

Took the words right out of my mouth. The balconies are the BEST thing about that building.

Basically without the balcony, ToC looks like Warren Tower.

Warren_Towers.jpg

Dudes... Nashua Street Residences...

I'm assuming that this one should be like Watermark II and rise rather quickly with the parking garage providing its foundation.

Cool this is actually getting going. So what's the most recent rendering of this?

My gosh this is a busy site and it's chaos is enhanced by the project's small footprint! Much happening again this morning ... No traffic mess yet, though since there's no thruway.

Installing something here.
10548055_769827856394433_6930512878689642405_o.jpg

That's the same cast-in-place forming system seen on Millennium Tower and 20 Somerset.

My head is starting to hurt placing this project as my working knowledge of Boston fades. Is it behind the Garden? I thought it was going in front of the Garden or am I mixing up projects again?

Also, it looks like the CIP system is going in. why aren't they digging a foundation?

My head is starting to hurt placing this project as my working knowledge of Boston fades. Is it behind the Garden? I thought it was going in front of the Garden or am I mixing up projects again?

This is going in front of the western side of the Garden. Does that help? I don't really define the Garden as having a "front" or "back" side so that's as specific as I can personally get.

Edit: Actually, I can do better. It's the empty lot to the left of the Garden in the middle of the frame.

BOyw2Fh.png

Yes, that helps. When I was thinking of the front of the Garden I was thinking of Causeway Street.

edit: thanks for adding the image, that was quick. Go huskies!

This is going in front of the western side of the Garden. Does that help? I don't really define the Garden as having a "front" or "back" side so that's as specific as I can personally get.

I'm pretty sure that's scaffolding to protect pedestrians during construction.

It looks like this building is going to complete dominate the view driving down the Leverett Connector

I wonder how this building is going to be shaped. I thought the Garden was technically too close to the on-ramp according to regulations. The site of this building looks like, if anything, it will be closer to the ramp.

Great pic, but should go in the Lovejoy Wharf Thread.

Back