Avalon North Station | Nashua Street Residences | West End

Re: Nashua Street Residences | MBTA North Station Garage | West End

^^Fixed.

15334523951_dbe35748a3_b.jpg

Does anyone have any timetable for this project? I feel like this has a big possibility to dramatically change the skyline but it's going a little under the radar.

I don't know but some pictures from the community would be nice. I've been wondering what the progess over here has been lately. With KZ around less we need to pick up the slack (I suppose I could get off my ass)

the pic above is all thats really going on there^

the pic above is all thats really going on there^

Pretty much! We walked around it last night on the way back to Northpt after the Celtics game. A fair amount of equipment, lots of rubble, some pilings and a small crane.

nashuarendering-thumb.jpg

Re: design and materials, I am always leery of a rendering of a building that is depicted on a rainy night from a quarter mile away.

I think that Nashua St will have a greater presence from that angle than this photo suggests.

I think that Nashua St will have a greater presence from that angle than this photo suggests.

Unlikely since that view won't exist within a few years due to the Garden towers.

From this angle it will be completely blocked by the TD Garden Towers or whatever they are calling it.

^isn't that amazing? That this area is going to have so many new tall buildings. especially if some version of the celtics garage towers gets built.

Last edited:
So this is by the same developers as Avalon Exeter and AvalonBay (Jacob Wirths)? That actually raises my expectations a little bit. The AvalonBay in particular is coming out better than I possibly could have imagined. Hoping for a strong piece of filler here.

http://boston.curbed.com/archives/2...ng-date-for-nashua-street-residences.php#more

Curbed is reporting groundbreaking on October 27th and a re-branding to Avalon North Station.

What have they been doing for the last couple of months? Does this mean they will have removed all of the pavement and debris from the surface lot, and will actually start digging the hole on October 27?

...less like digging a hole, and more like taking the roof off the underground garage and tying into the columns

What have they been doing for the last couple of months? Does this mean they will have removed all of the pavement and debris from the surface lot, and will actually start digging the hole on October 27?

They have been digging/building a slurry wall along the west side of the project. Some prep work has been done to uncover the garage supports and prep the Garden ramp. It dosen't look like they are going to take the roof off the garage.

They have been digging/building a slurry wall along the west side of the project. Some prep work has been done to uncover the garage supports and prep the Garden ramp. It dosen't look like they are going to take the roof off the garage.

Are they incorporating the existing garage into the new tower? What kind of additional foundations will they need, if any, for this building?

Back