Avalon North Station | Nashua Street Residences | West End

12208412_10153695834048164_3556840101119561271_n.jpg

from the bostonusa facebook page.

Wow, this angle really makes the skyline look anemic and makes me wish we had a much more vertical high spine along Stuart St/Columbus Ave. Also makes me sad/excited for the Garden Garage/Longfellow Place tower to rise next to it from this angle.

Watching it go up from next to the Aquarium, I feel like I come in every day cheering it on to go higher. From my angle, it does feel stumpy, but if there's 6+mechanical to go, it could be enough to change my mind.

1 dalton and copley are going to drastically change this perspective.

1 dalton and copley are going to drastically change this perspective.

I don't doubt they'll both have an impact on the Back Bay spine, but from this perspective, won't they be effectively obscured by or very close to the Pru and 200 Clarendon/Hancock respectively?

I don't doubt they'll both have an impact on the Back Bay spine, but from this perspective, won't they be effectively obscured by or very close to the Pru and 200 Clarendon/Hancock respectively?

You can see the cranes at Dalton Street in the shot. That's where One Dalton will be.

We're far from "final look," but given it's prominence, I wish the BCDC had been more heavily involved. With the massing and materials thus far, I'm concerned that we'll have a "background building" in place of what would ideally be a "foreground gem."

As a follow-up question: does anyone know of the working charter/ criterion for how they do their work?

Are there any other cities folks know of in which specific parcels are more heavily regulated given their prominence?

I'm arguing that I would like to see stricter aesthetic rules applied around highly visible parcels (North Station in this case) versus the web of streets in the Theatre District/ Chinatown where "fillers" would have less of a negative impact and arguably even be deemed "appropriate."

From 11/21 - Highest steel pushing into 35th/36th floors

Looks like we are getting another vertical glass wall here

Was by the site this morning. It appears they are starting to construct the diagonal setback on the 36th floor, southwest-facing side (Lomasney Way). We are getting close!

A friend who is working on this project posted this image this morning:

image_zpscfvks31o.jpeg

2 things...

1) This is starting to thin out well, and the glass is looking good too. The next couple of floors and the slanted crown will hit it home.

2) On 90E right before the 95 intersection, you can the see tops of the cranes lit up. I noticed that last night coming home, and I thought that was neat.

2 things...

1) This is starting to thin out well, and the glass is looking good too. The next couple of floors and the slanted crown will hit it home.

2) On 90E right before the 95 intersection, you can the see tops of the cranes lit up. I noticed that last night coming home, and I thought that was neat.

Type -- Winter is coming and we'll soon be losing all those nice cranes nesting up at the tops of those tall buildings @ Garden and the MT

Like for the next few months -- we'll have to make do with only lots of the Jr Cranes -- we won't have any really high nesting cranes until probably next summer

A bit like Persephone and Hades -- 8 months with us and 4 months in the underworld

persephone-and-hades.jpg

Back