Bay Village Apartment Tower | 212 Stuart St. | Bay Village

Bananarama

Reaction score
Someone brought up water proofing concerns on this thread earlier. And now every time I look at the building I think, "No amount of epoxy or caulk will be enough to fill all those uneven gaps." It's seriously giving me anxiety.
It's functioning as a rain-screen so water penetration isn't an issue with those gaps. Doesn't need to keep the water out because the barrier is behind it all.

JeffDowntown

Reaction score
It's functioning as a rain-screen so water penetration isn't an issue with those gaps. Doesn't need to keep the water out because the barrier is behind it all.
Yes, but I have to wonder how that rainscreen façade is going to like New England freeze thaw. It certainly does not appear to be designed to drain well (a key feature of a proper rainscreen) with all those trapping surfaces. All that natural limestone is going to end up spalled as hell.

beck4537

Reaction score
Haha, nope. Just passing through the area on my bike ride.

393b40

Reaction score
0DA043E9-80E6-4EA5-960C-3F7F92460104.jpeg

Crane coming down. There appears to be some facade discoloration on the right side about midway up which is not good looking

JeffDowntown

Reaction score
Does anyone have any information on what's going on with the old Erbaluce restaurant space? Previously Mario's and Luxor/Dedo.......etc. Is it going to be another restaurant/retail or just condo conversion?
Word is a condo conversion. No more restaurant.

I think someone made a practical call -- it used to be very visible from Stuart. Now it is hidden, and very off the beaten path.

rjacobs

Reaction score
7/11

IMG_1830 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_1831 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_1832 by David Z, on Flickr
Wow... I know this isn’t revelatory, but man Boston could use some color palette diversity here. (It worlds in Edinburgh’s ‘old town’. In Boston’s new town? Not so much). Bay Tower, from these photos, represents a splash of light and an erosion of the visual monoculture there.