Boston Landing | New Balance Complex | Brighton

Re: New Brighton Landing | New Balance Complex

that's funny,u should post the 1st pic

that's funny,u should post the 1st pic

Oh, you mean the one with all the cool brahs?

douchebags.jpg

I meant to show the before and after forgot about the bra lol

First it was bras, now it's a black cat that you can barely make out staring you squah in the n̶u̶t̶s̶ eyes.

Front half is topped out, they moved the big crane this morning. The smaller crane is either gone or hiding, I might venture across the Pike later and check it out. Lots of welding going on inside, and pouring of floors.

14520077363_825f6139f5_b.jpg

Is the tower portion of this under construction?

Channel Center and New Boston Landing competing for prettiest parking garage in all of the hub

New Balance attempting to bring a new balance to Boston's housing imbalance

sjvjO.gif

Hey, that's my job!

He terk my jerb!!

I believe this had been talked about for quite some time...

B's Sign Letter of Intent for New Practice Facility
Tuesday, 07.08.2014 / 9:30 AM / News

BOSTON, MA – Boston Bruins President Cam Neely announced today, Tuesday, July 8, that the Bruins have signed a letter of intent for a long term-lease with Boston Landing, a mixed-used development in the Allston-Brighton neighborhood of Boston, to build a new professional standard hockey rink that will serve as the team’s practice facility...

...In addition to ice time, the agreement includes approximately 25,000 square feet of dedicated locker room, training and office space. Construction is estimated to begin in Spring 2015 with completion for Fall 2016. Elkus Manfredi Architects will do the design and John Moriarty & Associates will handle the construction.

“Since joining the Bruins in a front office capacity, a goal of mine has been to move the Bruins into a first-class practice facility and this agreement moves us closer to accomplishing that goal,” said Neely. “The vision that New Balance has for the Boston Landing project is exactly what we were looking for, and we are confident that through this partnership, we will build a facility that our entire organization will be proud of.”

Boston Landing is a 14-acre mixed-used development in the Allston-Brighton neighborhood of Boston that includes the new world headquarters of New Balance, which will be completed in Fall 2015. A commuter rail station will also be built on the Framingham-Worcester line with completion for Fall 2016. In addition, the development includes additional office buildings, retail and restaurant space, a hotel and a sports complex.

Allston-Brighton's gonna be Ice Central at this rate.

That is awesome news. I have a really great feeling about this project and hope the hotel component turns out well and isn't axed. Also interested to see what kind of dining and retail they end up drawing. They have a chance to make this area something special that could draw folks from all over New England.

I hope the economics work out well to put plenty of residential over the rink. It would be a shame for a footprint that large go without residential.

That is awesome news. I have a really great feeling about this project and hope the hotel component turns out well and isn't axed. Also interested to see what kind of dining and retail they end up drawing. They have a chance to make this area something special that could draw folks from all over New England.

Any info on the hotel component. Are they building it themselves or going to an RFP?

Any info on the hotel component. Are they building it themselves or going to an RFP?

Great question. My only info is from news reports and press releases that state a 175 room (or thereabouts) hotel is part of the development. A JW Marriott might work well and despite cities like Grand Rapids, Indianapolis and San Antonio having JW locations, there is none here. The hotel would probably do well with visiting families of students at nearby colleges who live in Allston/Brighton.

Great question. My only info is from news reports and press releases that state a 175 room (or thereabouts) hotel is part of the development. A JW Marriott might work well and despite cities like Grand Rapids, Indianapolis and San Antonio having JW locations, there is none here. The hotel would probably do well with visiting families of students at nearby colleges who live in Allston/Brighton.

Either way a boutique is not the way to go and that is all I have seen in relation to this project. I don't disagree with a JW but more to point, anything that brings more hotel rooms to the market is good. Any extended stay/select service would do excellent here. Boutiques rarely make money unless in an A++ location

Back