Boston Landing | New Balance Complex | Brighton

Re: New Brighton Landing | New Balance Complex

I wonder if NB is going to be overrun with blue-haired folks in muumuus.

Article in the Sept 12 Herald on the Bruins rink.

http://bostonherald.com/business/real_estate/2014/09/bruins_inking_rink_space_along_pike

Won't be used by Bruins exclusively.

"... the rink will have a youth hockey locker room, a separate college hockey area, and a public skate/locker room area."

My biggest takeaways from the article was the November 2014 ground breaking goal, and they are building a nine story office building also.
I would assume the office building would be one of the ones planned for in between the old NB HQ and the new NB HQ? Can anyone confirm.

Either way its awesome to see more of this project start to get defined and move closer to reality.

I had a feeling that with the Bruins on board, it was only a matter of time before we heard news about an accelerated construction schedule. Now, how about some news about the hotel and residential component? Or is that getting too greedy?

oh and I also mean to add that I had the (dis) pleasure of driving the Pike eastbound at sunrise this morning and even though they have only installed the glass on one floor, when complete this is going to be one of the most interesting buildings in Boston for quite some time. The reflection of the emerging sunrise off of just the one floor of glass was incredible. All lit up at nighttime is going to be great as well.

The land for the hotel is being held in reserve. It is going to wait for a future phase of the project, but they do intend on building it.

15141731217_c9243e2af4_b.jpg

The land for the hotel is being held in reserve. It is going to wait for a future phase of the project, but they do intend on building it.

Any idea if there is a developer lined up? I know Saunders was providing pre-development services, not sure if that means they are already designated as the developer.

you^ def have had a front row seat! from the Stop and Shop parking lot >

Does anyone know if they're actually trying to make it look like a ship?

Good to see a building with some personality. It won't be confused with anything else.

you def have had a front row seat!

Yah, it's been exciting to wake up every day and see something different. The (visible) pace of construction has slowed considerably, hence the slowdown of pictures.

There has been a lot of activity going on inside the building, but facade installation, with the exception of panels on the penthouse, seems to have stalled.

well you'll still get to see the rest of the developement get built!

Can't find my camera, but next round of glazing is going up. Even more confused about the random black panel now. It doesn't show up in any of the renderings and sticks out like a sore thumb...

Crappy cell phone pic:
15421155892_1f6b13f8a3_b.jpg

From the highway:

15277916829_0417635da3_b.jpg

15278094800_d120967e2e_b.jpg

Getting closer:

15278211757_bacb18f092_b.jpg

15461638931_521416d4af_b.jpg

15461641811_cfa1b00cae_b.jpg

15464785835_95051dd6b6_b.jpg

15441679606_5012125b8a_b.jpg

Getting higher:

15277890849_cafaef9969_b.jpg

15278068500_88bd98c26b_b.jpg

15278065890_fcbdc2ac3e_b.jpg

And even higher...these last ones were taken with the phone so excuse the crappiness:

15278136578_2d4a474acc_b.jpg

15277882349_9e9e29c4ff_b.jpg

15464425732_bc8741574d_b.jpg

And that's it.

Cool renderings of the Bruins Practice Facility:

Boston Herald: Bruins’ practice rink striking glass

The Boston Bruins’ new practice facility at New Balance’s Boston Landing project complements the high-glass design of the athletic footwear company’s adjacent headquarters, according to preliminary renderings filed with the city.

The rink’s glass facade will allow travelers along the Massachusetts Turnpike, which it fronts, to see into the Brighton practice facility for peeks of its stands and ceiling banners.

The preliminary designs by Boston’s Elkus Manfredi Architects show the NHL team’s trademark spoked B logo figuring prominently on the building’s exterior.

The rink, which will include about 650 seats, concessions and Bruins locker room and training space, is set for completion in 2016.

100714NewBalancerink.jpg

100714NewBalanceRink01.jpg

Cool renderings of the Bruins Practice Facility:

Has this moved to the other side of Guest St? Is it displacing the 2 office towers?

In fact, those renderings don't seem to agree with each other. In one, the orange monument of precast appears to be next to the facility on Guest, while in the other its crown peeks above the rink roofline as if it's across the street...

EDIT: Oh, I think I get it. The office building has eaten the back half of the rink. They're fused (very awkwardly) into one structure.

How many people from out-of-town will think this is where the Bruins actually play if they actually put that enormous Bruins logo in the window?

Back