Boston Properties Office Tower | 888 Boylston Street | Back Bay

Seems like this one might belong in the seaport: short fat box

A fat box (thankfully no longer pregnant) with architecturally integrated wind turbines. I think it is going to look pretty good.

Wow, it's amazing how much the Mandarin transformed that stretch of Boylston.

Legal's has closed in the Pru. I remember upthread there was some discussion about this possibility, but I can't find it now (side question: what are some good tips for searching the forum, as I always seem to run into this problem?)

Any information on what will replace it or whether this is part of a larger repositioning of retail in the mall?

The sign points you to the Legal's in the copley mall on the 2nd floor. Its tucked into a corner.

Legal's has closed in the Pru. I remember upthread there was some discussion about this possibility, but I can't find it now (side question: what are some good tips for searching the forum, as I always seem to run into this problem?)

Any information on what will replace it or whether this is part of a larger repositioning of retail in the mall?

Legals was trying to find a place to house the closed Pru location but couldn't find one in time. Last I heard they had also not secured a spot in the newly renovated area once it's completed.

Use the "Search this Thread" feature within a thread and not the general "Search" feature in the main navigation:

SZipPru.png

I just typed in "Legal" and got results.

^ Cool Data, never noticed that feature. That's very helpful.

Weird seeing the abortive Planet Hollywood building when it was nearly new. I remember regularly walking past the old parking lot it replaced when I went to the old Charette on Boylston.

Which building was supposed to house Planet Hollywood?

Which building was supposed to house Planet Hollywood?

This one. It's now a Fidelity branch:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/B...2!3m1!1s0x89e37a0e1652a781:0x3484fa84584c1406

You can tell it wasn't designed to be a office building with a bank branch in it. The panels above the windows have the Hollywood lights and the building mass has a unique design. Canopy is neat too.

Article from 1999 announcing PH pulled out: http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/stories/1999/03/22/daily14.html

Construction activity NEVER seems to stop at this complex.

About every few years, another tall building is added. How much more space can they use to add another one? :eek:

Construction activity NEVER seems to stop at this complex.

About every few years, another tall building is added. How much more space can they use to add another one? :eek:

This is the final missing piece of the Prudential Center. There are no other parcels available for development.

This is the final missing piece of the Prudential Center. There are no other parcels available for development.

Data -- I suspect that if right lucrative opportunity came along -- the Shaws / Star Market could be rebuilt into a tower with a supermarket in the basement / ground floor a la the Burnham / Millenium Tower

Of course it would have to be a very big opportunity because of the building challenge due to ramps and the Pike

I see a redevelopment of Lord and Taylor happening in the future. I'm not sure I see the same with the Star Market parcel with the aforementioned Pike/ramp issues.

Any estimates for how long it takes for this to start going vertical?

Ok, I should have said final open parcel that is planned for development.

Back