Boston Properties Office Tower | 888 Boylston Street | Back Bay

BostonDrew

Reaction score
Did a quick check here and didn't see this mentioned on this thread - Del Frisco's is planning on opening 17,600 sq/ft restaurant in 888 Boylston in the 2nd half of 2018.

https://www.bizjournals.com/boston/...o-s-adding-another-upscale-steakhouse-in.html

I am not sure where the entrances for this restaurant will be - I think there's a small retail entrance that hasn't been occupied yet that may serve as an entrance for the restaurant.

**Note: couldn't find a clear, current picture of the fully occupied ground floor but I think where the signage for "Back Bay Prudential Center" is where the entrance for the restaurant could go.

stefal

Reaction score
Relatively recent picture (2 weeks?); I'd agree that's where it'll probably be going:

(BTW, walked by again around lunch (1/2 hour after this picture) and the plaza was packed, exceptional design/attraction/use of space, I'd say)

CSTH

Reaction score
^ Yeah extremely pleasant surprise that this has become one of the most active public spaces in the city - like a posh / corporate version of the pit in harvard square.

Justin7

Reaction score
Because I need to complain about something: That Under Armour branding is excessive.

atlantaden

Reaction score
Because I need to complain about something: That Under Armour branding is excessive.
haha, you think this is excessive branding, google images for Trump Hotel, Chicago! Whether you're on the River Walk or driving up the street towards the front entrance, it's IN YOUR FACE!

mdd

Reaction score
haha, you think this is excessive branding, google images for Trump Hotel, Chicago! Whether you're on the River Walk or driving up the street towards the front entrance, it's IN YOUR FACE!
Man, I always thought he was a really humble guy.

BosDevelop

Reaction score
I am not sure where the entrances for this restaurant will be - I think there's a small retail entrance that hasn't been occupied yet that may serve as an entrance for the restaurant.
Isn't the Del Frisco's going where the PF Chang's was? If so, the entrance will be on the other side of the Pru and not off of Boylston.

cden4

Reaction score
I'm so glad they added tables and chairs to that plaza. That really did the trick of getting people to want to hang out there.

BostonDrew

Reaction score
Isn't the Del Frisco's going where the PF Chang's was? If so, the entrance will be on the other side of the Pru and not off of Boylston.
I think we were speculating elsewhere on the forum that it would go in the PF Chang's space.

Per the Investor Press Release:
"The new Del Frisco's Double Eagle in Boston will be located on the ground floor of the Prudential Center in the Back Bay. The 17,603 square foot restaurant will be designed by Aria Groups Architects and feature dramatic storefront windows, warm wood finishes with stone accents, and pewter and copper metals. The one-story restaurant fronting Boylston with connectivity to the Hynes Convention Center and Copley Place will offer interior seating for 450 and patio seating for 32."​
http://investor.dfrg.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=1035334

BosDevelop

Reaction score
I think we were speculating elsewhere on the forum that it would go in the PF Chang's space.

Per the Investor Press Release:
"The new Del Frisco's Double Eagle in Boston will be located on the ground floor of the Prudential Center in the Back Bay. The 17,603 square foot restaurant will be designed by Aria Groups Architects and feature dramatic storefront windows, warm wood finishes with stone accents, and pewter and copper metals. The one-story restaurant fronting Boylston with connectivity to the Hynes Convention Center and Copley Place will offer interior seating for 450 and patio seating for 32."​
http://investor.dfrg.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=1035334
very interesting. Thanks for sharing that. I was a little surprised that Del Frisco's would be going into the other side of the Pru. Wonder what will go in the PF Changs.

Beton Brut

Reaction score
Damn...I thought my eyes deceived me driving home on the Pike today.

datadyne007

Staff member
Reaction score
This has happened multiple times now. With a city as windy as Boston, FXFowle needs to engineer a solution to strengthen these turbines & support structure.

JumboBuc

Reaction score
Vertical axis wind turbines are WAY less reliable than horizontal axis turbines. They're prone to breaking, don't generate much power, and are frequently nothing more than ineffective gimmicks.

This is one thing Whighlander was right about from the start.

datadyne007

Staff member
Reaction score

type001

Reaction score
WTF! Did you fall into a 12 month coma while writing that?

chrisbrat

Reaction score
any word on those "windmills" that first went up, then got partailly blown down, then removed, and then were said to be being redesigned and soon re-installed? last time i checked there was nothing up there where they used to be.