Boston Properties Office Tower | 888 Boylston Street | Back Bay

^ Yeah extremely pleasant surprise that this has become one of the most active public spaces in the city - like a posh / corporate version of the pit in harvard square.

Because I need to complain about something: That Under Armour branding is excessive.

Because I need to complain about something: That Under Armour branding is excessive.

haha, you think this is excessive branding, google images for Trump Hotel, Chicago! Whether you're on the River Walk or driving up the street towards the front entrance, it's IN YOUR FACE!

haha, you think this is excessive branding, google images for Trump Hotel, Chicago! Whether you're on the River Walk or driving up the street towards the front entrance, it's IN YOUR FACE!

Man, I always thought he was a really humble guy.

I am not sure where the entrances for this restaurant will be - I think there's a small retail entrance that hasn't been occupied yet that may serve as an entrance for the restaurant.

Isn't the Del Frisco's going where the PF Chang's was? If so, the entrance will be on the other side of the Pru and not off of Boylston.

I'm so glad they added tables and chairs to that plaza. That really did the trick of getting people to want to hang out there.

Isn't the Del Frisco's going where the PF Chang's was? If so, the entrance will be on the other side of the Pru and not off of Boylston.

I think we were speculating elsewhere on the forum that it would go in the PF Chang's space.

Per the Investor Press Release:
"The new Del Frisco's Double Eagle in Boston will be located on the ground floor of the Prudential Center in the Back Bay. The 17,603 square foot restaurant will be designed by Aria Groups Architects and feature dramatic storefront windows, warm wood finishes with stone accents, and pewter and copper metals. The one-story restaurant fronting Boylston with connectivity to the Hynes Convention Center and Copley Place will offer interior seating for 450 and patio seating for 32."​
http://investor.dfrg.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=1035334

I think we were speculating elsewhere on the forum that it would go in the PF Chang's space.

Per the Investor Press Release:
"The new Del Frisco's Double Eagle in Boston will be located on the ground floor of the Prudential Center in the Back Bay. The 17,603 square foot restaurant will be designed by Aria Groups Architects and feature dramatic storefront windows, warm wood finishes with stone accents, and pewter and copper metals. The one-story restaurant fronting Boylston with connectivity to the Hynes Convention Center and Copley Place will offer interior seating for 450 and patio seating for 32."​
http://investor.dfrg.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=1035334

very interesting. Thanks for sharing that. I was a little surprised that Del Frisco's would be going into the other side of the Pru. Wonder what will go in the PF Changs.

Saturday

36838535316_454123c6da_b.jpg

Damn...I thought my eyes deceived me driving home on the Pike today.

This has happened multiple times now. With a city as windy as Boston, FXFowle needs to engineer a solution to strengthen these turbines & support structure.

Vertical axis wind turbines are WAY less reliable than horizontal axis turbines. They're prone to breaking, don't generate much power, and are frequently nothing more than ineffective gimmicks.

This is one thing Whighlander was right about from the start.

WTF! Did you fall into a 12 month coma while writing that?

any word on those "windmills" that first went up, then got partailly blown down, then removed, and then were said to be being redesigned and soon re-installed? last time i checked there was nothing up there where they used to be.

Given their cylindrical shape, it seems like the windmills could be mounted "on a spit" (a pole with both a top an bottom anchor), rather than just standing on bottom footing.

any word on those "windmills" that first went up, then got partailly blown down, then removed, and then were said to be being redesigned and soon re-installed? last time i checked there was nothing up there where they used to be.

Taken yesterday - there's still no "reinstall" but I realized that nobody had posted an image yet. This building's crown was already an eyesore IMO, and now it's so much worse (even worse than Millennium's unfinished roof).

IMG_20191225_142040105_HDR (1).jpg

Back