Boston Properties Office Tower | 888 Boylston Street | Back Bay

++1 Very nice work Downburst. Are you doing or plan to do any of the other major projects (Copley, Fourseasons, North Station/Garden) in Minecraft? If so, please share. I for one would be glad to furnish you with all the photos you require.

General question. Does the BRA use something like this to model the city? If not why not?

You should join us! http://www.archboston.org/community/showthread.php?t=5118

Not Boston themed, but we love interesting realistic Minecraft builds (whether fantasy or based on real buildings).

meddle, I hadn't noticed your project until now- looks great! Count me in.

Here's the whole thing as of today, for the curious- I suppose I'll start my own topic up soon in place of intermittent topic postings.

Now back to your regularly scheduled 888 Boylston discussion

This is a great view of how the glazed facade should help brighten the portion of the skyline here. Everything is so dark colored with punched openings.

22568949553_d9eb4a83e2_b.jpg

23196017575_2c4fb90233_b.jpg

lots of pics ^ but no comments? How are we liking/disliking this building now that lots of the glass has been installed, or are we waiting to see how they do the top?

^i feel like it's been a little quieter on here over the past few months - maybe cuz the frenzy of development approvals and new development is now sort of old news and people are waiting for the next round of real heavy hitters to start up....

What's happening there at the top, do more mechanicals get installed between the steel uprights on either side, or are they all contained within the "box" (eek, I'm afraid I may not be explaining my question too well)

?

What's happening there at the top, do more mechanicals get installed between the steel uprights on either side, or are they all contained within the "box" (eek, I'm afraid I may not be explaining my question too well)

?

The wind turbines will be raised up and set into that metal frame sticking up at the top.

OK -- it looks to me like they are creating yet another ice dam, icicle, snow melt disaster waiting to happen with the entrance canopy for the Pru mall. They already have issues with the Huntington Avenue entrance canopy (and routinely close that entrance during snow melt, icicle formation weather.

Does it look like they are making the same mistake here, and ignoring that we get snow in Boston?

OK -- it looks to me like they are creating yet another ice dam, icicle, snow melt disaster waiting to happen with the entrance canopy for the Pru mall. They already have issues with the Huntington Avenue entrance canopy (and routinely close that entrance during snow melt, icicle formation weather.

Does it look like they are making the same mistake here, and ignoring that we get snow in Boston?

Maybe they are putting heating coils into it?

Maybe I missed it, but any word on landing a big retail tenant for the street level?

With the the first few floors almost buttoned up from the weather I would expect they wouldn't want to waste time before finishing the interior to the new tenant's specs. Thought I'd read rumors of a Bloomie's or Nordstrom way back, but haven't heard a thing since.

Back