Broad Institute Expansion | 75 Ames Street | Cambridge - Kendall Sq

Re: 75 Ames St. (Broad Institute Expansion) Kendall Sq.

I think it's meant to be seen at a distance....like three miles!

That has to be a mistake, the solid panels not aligning vertically.

Beeline, thanks for another great round of photo updates! Could this be the front-runner for best new project of 2013? I can't seem to think of anything in particular truly standing out this year. Is Mass-Art dorm in the mix, or was that last year?

Ew, this one? The thing covered in beige precast on three sides?

How about 319 A Rear, or Millennium Place, or even Liberty Mutual.

Beeline, thanks for another great round of photo updates! Could this be the front-runner for best new project of 2013? I can't seem to think of anything in particular truly standing out this year. Is Mass-Art dorm in the mix, or was that last year?

319 A Street.

Ew, this one? The thing covered in beige precast on three sides?

Yeah, this was wonderful lit up at night while under construction. I wish we could go back to it being unclad. The "hat" is stupid looking too. Its not the worst, but I wouldn't vote it best either.

I would have liked it a million times better if the terracotta part wasn't interrupted with 'exciting' bits of auccobond. Completely ruins it for me.

I would have liked it a million times better if the terracotta part wasn't interrupted with 'exciting' bits of auccobond. Completely ruins it for me.

There is not auccobond (sic) in between the terracotta. It is spandrel glass.

cca

There is not auccobond (sic) in between the terracotta. It is spandrel glass.

cca

Either way, it butchers the relationship between the two halves. Instead of two beautiful facade types interacting with each other in a logical way, you detract from both by having one pockmark the other in addition to the traditional relationship.

Its not the worst, but I wouldn't vote it best either.

Agreed...there's worse out there. Just wish they applied the terra cotta to more than half of one side.

...they fixed the 7 / 8 floor vertical alignment, no? Pretty remarkable to see that get fucked up in the first place...

Back