Canvas - Mixed Use Tower (old Felt location) | 533 Washington St | Downtown Crossing

Damn, there has been some fine new buildings proposed lately. Lets hope the housing market holds out another year.

What a cool design....excluding some studios, it looks like most units get a balcony, nice!

Just a reminder - this is a no-name developer financed with investments from family money. I actually think that's a great thing - shows that there's a path for new players here to make big moves. I hope this happens.

Excuse my ignorance, but for a tower like this where do they stage the construction? The building takes up virtually all of the parcel and there are no empty lots near by. Does the crane go in the street? Are materials just carefully planed out and delivered so that as soon as something is delivered it is installed? This just seems like a logistical nightmare....

This will be heavily opposed by the residents in the neighborhood. Lots of questions not only about construction logistics, but also about daily operational logistics if built. Trash, loading areas and so forth.

There's an alley on the site, so logistically I imagine they'll use that area and a small section of Washington Street for staging. Without parking on site and only a single retail tenant, I think the need for a loading dock or area is overrated. Judging by where the trash room is at the building, it looks like garbage removal will happen from the alley, and not impact Washington Street.

The pitchforks are being sharpened, torches gathered, and oil put on the boil.

It's weird they call that an "alley" in the renderings - it's "Harlem Place" apparently. PR?

This building dates to 1866?? Neat. Originally "Weed Sewing Machine Co.," if you didn't read the PNF.

Nah. Just the usual indiscrete charmlessness of the bourgeoisie.

IAG Meeting Tonight

*Note: This is an IAG meeting. Please be respectful of the IAG's comments & questions. If there is time at the end, the meeting will be open to public comment.*

533 WASHINGTON STREET IMPACT ADVISORY GROUP MEETING
APR 28, 2016
6:00 PM - 7:30 PM

Contact Name: Raul Duverge
Contact Email Address: Raul.Duverge@Boston.gov
Contact Phone: 617.918.4492
Type: Impact Advisory Group (IAG)

525 Washington Street (Main Theatre)
Boston, MA 02111

Description:
This will be the first Impact Advisory Group (IAG) meeting regarding the proposed 533 Washington Street project in Downtown Crossing neighborhood.

Please note that the purpose of this meeting is different than that of a traditional community meeting. As part of the development review process, Impact Advisory Group (IAG) members work closely with BRA staff to identify the impacts of a project and recommend appropriate community benefits to offset those impacts. IAG meetings prioritize discussion between the project proponent (i.e. the developer) and IAG members. If time remains at the end of the meeting, BRA staff will open the floor to other community members in attendance.

Although anyone is welcome to attend IAG meetings and listen to the discussion, traditional community meetings, which occur after the IAG has met, are the more appropriate forum for the broader public to provide feedback about a project.

http://www.bostonredevelopmentautho...ashington-street-impact-advisory-group-meetin

I'm at the IAG meeting right now - fourth row on the right typing away on my laptop if anyone is here.

Back