Channel Center | Fort Point

I'm just happy to see they are still planning to clad the garage with something. I had a fear the cladding would get VE'd out.

Those look like test panels to me, and probably don't reflect the design motif that will actually appear.

They are test panels, similar to final design but (as I understand) final design will be a muted version.

Final design was selected through a competition held last year. I don't think renderings of the winning entry/proposal were published for public review. The artist is based in Fort Point.

More:
http://vimeo.com/68580971

Hang up the phone, there's a shifting color-changing LED component also behind all of this?

Best New Development of the Millennium

They are test panels, similar to final design but (as I understand) final design will be a muted version.

Final design was selected through a competition held last year. I don't think renderings of the winning entry/proposal were published for public review. The artist is based in Fort Point.

More:

Woah!! Thanks for sharing! The color LED "show" will be wicked cool!

More:

Will it have embedded speakers to play the music too?

Could we get this cladding at the top of the CSC Tower? It seems like it would fit with the rendering we have, and then you could have a low-power radio signal play the easy listening music within a couple block radius...

Excellent!

Whatever is causing developers to make/remake projects that exceed my expectations as of late (this, CSC, Congress Street, Copley Place, etc.) I hope that it sticks around.

From the Summer Street bridge- I hope this project continues to stick out for a while. It's very nice, IMO.

This is a quirky building. The proportions of it still kinda suck but we need more of this over in the seaport

I was extremely pessimistic when the cladding started to go up...but it's growing on me. I think the high quality windows have something to do with that. The building isn't amazing, but I'm starting to like it.

What really blows my mind is the first newspaper article that we saw about this project was posted only 14 months ago, and this thing is near completion. Pretty incredible.

I like this one overall ... but that right side of the building in the first of BeeLine's two photos is just indecent.

I guess I'm in the minority then for hating it? I'll give 'em an A for effort (which comparing it to other lackluster projects IS a compliment), but I think overall it's a hot mess.

I guess I'm in the minority then for hating it? I'll give 'em an A for effort (which comparing it to other lackluster projects IS a compliment), but I think overall it's a hot mess.

Haha, you're forgiven. While they've certainly tried to break the mold with innovative use of precast, I can understand that it's not everyone's cup of tea.

I personally love it so far.

Haha, you're forgiven. While they've certainly tried to break the mold with innovative use of precast, I can understand that it's not everyone's cup of tea.

I personally love it so far.

I actually don't mind the precast, its everything about the windows I dislike. Color, placement, size, orientation, shape, overall randomness. The short fat kid stature also doesnt help. I'm just looking forward to being an old man in 50 years and asking the youngins what they think of the seaport.

I like it. It's Amsterdamish and that's a good thing. An interesting, eccentric breakup of what could have been an overbearing mass in less talented hands. Another feather in ADD Inc.'s cap.

Back