Children's Hospital Addition | Binney St | LMA | Fenway

Re: Children's Hospital Addition

9674708899_6b64286af0_b.jpg

9677936160_1cb58045ac_b.jpg

9677935128_0d605b86a1_b.jpg

It looks like it's trying to stand with its back up against the street wall to allow another building to pass. Love it.

Wow the difference between the amount of space the renders portray and the amount of space in real life for this parklet is pretty major. Renders make it look like an invinting space to relax, photos make it look like a tiny space, squashed between buildings and driveways.

Tim, your impression is totally wrong. It is a very large space and goes the whole lenght of the expansion at ground floor level. This photo shows 80 percent of it a street level looking east. Kz's photo (#84) shows the sculpture and the western edge.

Childrens

Beeline, that is incorrect. The render is of the parklet. You can see where the building envelope ends in the background of the render. The render is disorienting because the open air sidewalk/street is shown as white. It almost looks as if the white is a window, but it is not.

From Landworks Studio: http://www.landworks-studio.com/childrens-hospital/f7e0cbsqd2shytibfihvt65abwwc50

01.jpg

02.jpg

05.jpg

18.jpg

Lots more on their site.

Last edited:

^^ Oops, I thought it was inside the building behind the green and yellow windows.

Interesting. Like the black/white/grayscale of the seating and pavers. Best of all: no acorn lamps.

14182401318_49dcc6ef1a_b.jpg

I went by right at lunch hour and there were way too many people eating in this very small space for me to take many/any shots, so this is what I got:

14368101624_2b1be7068c_b.jpg

Back