Columbus Ave Student Housing | 10 Burke St | Northeastern University

Ahhhh, the Barf Building. I’ve grown to tolerate it.

^^Assuming you be referring to the New England Conservatory mid-rise puker,

may i say; +1.

Since theres never been like a real render dump where we get all the angles and in 1 spot, better late than never:

NEU.jpg

View-from-Tremont-Street_North_C3S-1024x871.jpg

View-from-Tremont-Street_C3S-e1468854804694.jpg

KP5Z1Ud.png

Screen_Shot_2018-08-07_at_12.54.03_AM.png
[/url]screenshot utility[/IMG]

Northeastern-University-Columbus-Avenue-Student-Housing-Residential-Retail-Development-Project-Cube3-Studio-Elkus-Manfredi-Architects-Rendering.jpg

Northeastern-University-Rendering-03.jpg

View-from-Burke-Street_North_C3S-e1468854754407.jpg

Thanks for the renders! I had always feared the light colored sections were going to be some VIA57 / BIG or New York by Gehry (8 Spruce Street) metal paneling.
Nice to see that it is some kind of stone finish.

Still haven't tired of the multi-colored, multi-facades, multi-tiered, multi-heights, all rolled up into one hot, attractive, interesting mess. Loving this low-rise (though the low-rise is an existing building which the architect cleverly built next to, and behind, as be seen as part of the new building) , mid-rise, high rise version of it all! Nice job!

Northeastern didn't build it. A private developer, Phoenix Property Development did.

And another private developer, American Campus Communities, is building this Columbus Ave dorm.

Either way, they're both Northeastern dorms for Northeastern students that had to get Northeastern's sign-off. The various details of organizational and ownership structure don't change this.

And another private developer, American Campus Communities, is building this Columbus Ave dorm.

Either way, they're both Northeastern dorms for Northeastern students that had to get Northeastern's sign-off. The various details of organizational and ownership structure don't change this.

That doesn't mean Northeastern had control over the budget, which in turn dictates the final detailing and appearance.

How does this arrangement work? Does NEU own the building?

Back