Columbus Ave Student Housing | 10 Burke St | Northeastern University

Facade is going up really slowly on this huh? I've never seen a building with so many floors poured without the cladding close behind.

Facade is going up really slowly on this huh? I've never seen a building with so many floors poured without the cladding close behind.

^ Ryugyong hotel in Pyongyang lol.

Agreed tho I wonder why.

I drove past it yesterday, they're making progress. It looks like the facade is up to the 7th or 8th floor (maybe higher?) facing SW on the south tower. This may be conjecture, but I imagine the unusually cold winter we've faced presented some construction challenges/setbacks to this development and others. I don't think they expect the first students to move in until January 2019 at earliest, so I wouldn't be too concerned yet.

I drove past it yesterday, they're making progress. It looks like the facade is up to the 7th or 8th floor (maybe higher?) facing SW on the south tower. This may be conjecture, but I imagine the unusually cold winter we've faced presented some construction challenges/setbacks to this development and others. I don't think they expect the first students to move in until January 2019 at earliest, so I wouldn't be too concerned yet.
It was mentioned on the Northeastern website that the planned opening is in August, 2019.

vfo7qXGh.jpg

YsQ6Ybqh.jpg

Excuse me while I roll my eyes at this ham-fisted application of offset windows...

brick is surprisingly good.

*something Boston is incapable of most of the time.

From this

cBsvn9k.png

to this

37035285255_e4cf0262e5_b.jpg

to this

40548253365_0f741e47a2_b.jpg

No one at NU who had a hand in this will be around in 20 years or so, when ownership reverts to NU.

Back