Eli Lilly IGM | 15 Necco Street | Fort Point

This building is not my favorite design, but the finishes, brick, and glass look amazing in these photos. This could turn out to be a fantastic addition to the Fort Point Channel district. I'm really curious to see the public plaza and open space by the waterfront.

It's interesting that it's in some ways having a conversation with both the old wharf buildings with the lower podium as well as the newer State Street Building over at A and Richards in the distance with the angles, the brown/ blackish palette, the glass color, and colossal order. Pretty neat.

This building is not my favorite design, but the finishes, brick, and glass look amazing in these photos. This could turn out to be a fantastic addition to the Fort Point Channel district. I'm really curious to see the public plaza and open space by the waterfront.

I think the project will look a lot better once the parking lots to the South are developed and it becomes part of an urban fabric. The base does a good job blending in with the older buildings to the North of it, but without any neighbors to the South it looks too hulking.

20230318_132345.jpg

Attachments

• 20230318_132450.jpg
    20230318_132450.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 61
Am I the only one that envisions this whole section of the channel becoming similar to the "Dublin Docklands" area near the Samuel Beckett bridge? Google Maps

Yes, very similar. I was in Dublin a few weeks ago, and the bus from the airport passed through the area and I immediately thought of the Seaport and Fort Point Channel.

Yes, very similar. I was in Dublin a few weeks ago, and the bus from the airport passed through the area and I immediately thought of the Seaport and Fort Point Channel.

Agree, reminds me of the riverfront in Dublin a lot!

I like it when I don't see it standing by itself, in a sense. With the Fort Point as a backdrop, and/or, in my head, with the future developments surrounding this, it's not too bad.

Just don't look too long while close up. I still think it's employing too many ideas.

Back