Fan Pier Developments | Seaport

Great pics, great effort.

But there is an array of startlingly mediocre buildings in the foreground of every image.

from Logan
028-15.jpg
029-10.jpg
030-15.jpg
031-16.jpg
032-11.jpg
033-12.jpg
< should fill in this hole nicely and block the old stone webster building and the brick side of the court house

Today (well, yesterday by now)

6104776863_8b0c422dd9_b.jpg

6105322248_3c16438442_b.jpg

I think I hate this thing

6104777611_6808e2c787_b.jpg

I'd say I can't wait for other buildings to rise to obscure it, but I have no faith they'll be any better.

6104778031_2b7e587f4c_b.jpg

6105323350_33573ee30b_b.jpg

Meanwhile, the park was looking nice and had a decent bit of activity when I was there mid-afternoon:

6105323782_029a66cc14_b.jpg

Today (well, yesterday by now)

Meanwhile, the park was looking nice and had a decent bit of activity when I was there mid-afternoon:

6105323782_029a66cc14_b.jpg

Your extreme telephoto shot compresses everything and makes a waterfront view seem to be situated in some leafy suburb

Fan Pier Breaks Ground for Vertex Pharmaceuticals Headquarters, 100% Union Project

http://builtbest.org/fan-pier-break...lobal-headquarters-boston,-100%-union-project

From the article...
President & CEO Joseph F. Fallon speaking to TCI said, “I am a union guy – some of the building trade unions have seen 40% unemployment and this will create new construction jobs. We have a great team with Turner Construction and the construction management and everyone involved.”

Is this indeed the case?
Is The GC (Turner) holding to this? Has something changed, since published article?
Is there a PLA, with the unions?
Since the State and City have put up funds, is the project required to pay Prevailing wage?

Just wondering I have read the entire thread..
Thanks.

Fan Pier Breaks Ground for Vertex Pharmaceuticals Headquarters, 100% Union Project

Re: Fan Pier Breaks Ground for Vertex Pharmaceuticals Headquarters, 100% Union Proje

Nothing more than buying votes for our beloved politicans and making their friends rich so they can keep the party going on.

Hopefully Vertex moving to this area works in the end.

I still think Kraft had the right vision for the Stadium in this area with Patriots place. I think Kraft has the wrong location for Patriots place. Foxboro sucks going there.

Least we know why they needed all those tax breaks and incentives.... so they could afford 100% Union labor.

<runs, ducks, and covers>

That is an awesome gif. Never seen that one before.

In re: to his comment I was gonna say everyone have a drink (one drink per stadium comment, as I established a while back in this thread).

anyways.........

back on topic....

i remember seeing the most recent rendering on here, but i cant seem to find it. Help?

The rendering I just looked at will probably bother a couple people in one regard. A large amount of louvers facing Seaport Blvd. Massive louvers at the mid level mech. space. and smaller at the upper level (penthouse) mech. space.

Building "A"

3 levels below grade (-32'-0".)
261'-0" to top of penthouse. (above grade)
4 distinct Retail spaces on the ground floor with minimal lobby. (Not too shabby.)
The loading dock entrance is facing the courthouse, so probably best place for it.
The garage entrance is on the north facing the other vertex building, so suppose the other would be opposite (although I would think a shared garage with a single entrance could have worked maybe better) which is again probably in the best place.

As for the structure, it looks like there will be a 5' voide between the water protectiong piles and the foundation water (I assume for dewatering). The drawings refer to the lowest level as slab on grade. This is a mat slab that appears to vary from 54" - 60" thick, with piles (that look like footings to me). Whether that answer Whigh question I'm not sure.

It looks like what I assumed earlier, a shell and core set to get going, with Vertex fitout drawings to follow.

Last edited:
The garage entrance is on the north facing the other vertex building, so suppose the other would be opposite (although I would think a shared garage with a single entrance could have worked maybe better) which is again probably in the best place.

Seriously, would it not have been cheaper to build one garage under all the building sites? That way they even get to use the space under the road.

And that way only one or two entrances instead of one for every damn building.

My understanding is that there is going to be a single garage for the complex. Right now they're doing work on the One Marina Park Drive garage to merge it with the others. This is based on what the construction dudes told me, so take it for what you will.

Seriously, would it not have been cheaper to build one garage under all the building sites? That way they even get to use the space under the road.

And that way only one or two entrances instead of one for every damn building.

The CD's tell me otherwise unfortunately.
Building "B" shows a separate entrance it's garage, and for whatever reason it also faces north instead of sharing the same road.

Looks like 3 retail spaces on ground level (2 future restaurant and one future daycare.)

Also, unfortunately, a larger lobby on this one.

It does appear that the garage connects below grade between the 2 parcels. But, still with multiple entrances.

Looks like this one tops out at 268'-6", so fairly identical.

Back