Fan Pier Developments | Seaport

I think this project gets sold when the 2nd building is built for a huge premium.

Why would Fallon continue to build when both buildings are almost 90% occupied, Got an additional 70 Million from the taxpayers.

At this point their will be too much risk for him to continue without support from the city or state.

What happens to Louis? Not that I shop there, but I've been to their restaurant Sam's a few times and I like it. Maybe Louis and Sam's move into one of the new buildings?

Rif - you understand that if he sells the properties he doesn't get any of that $70 million you mention...the 70 mil. is a result of savings that are made due to a tax freeze (keeping valuations of the land at a certain capper level), and any benefit from such a freeze would be passed on to the new property owners...

As for Louis, not sure, but the first condo will be between it and the 1st district courthouse I believe

Photo from the Globe article.

Fan%20Pier%201.JPG

I believe the first condo is going in on the land between Vertex and the harbor.

Louis has a 10 year lease. That building was always imagined as temporary.

Rif - you understand that if he sells the properties he doesn't get any of that $70 million you mention...the 70 mil. is a result of savings that are made due to a tax freeze (keeping valuations of the land at a certain capper level), and any benefit from such a freeze would be passed on to the new property owners...

As for Louis, not sure, but the first condo will be between it and the 1st district courthouse I believe

The 70 Million was factored in when VERTEX decided to occupy 1 Million square feet of Fan Pier all based on tax incentives and upgrades to the area.

It doesn't matter if he sees entire 70 Million or not. Its all built into the sale price now.

Well those sure make Fan Pier/Fort Point look filled out from that angle.

Dat glass...

It actually looks kind of nice. I still desperately wish that the "interesting" sides of this project faced the street, however.

Dat glass...

It actually looks kind of nice. I still desperately wish that the "interesting" sides of this project faced the street, however.

Yeah, it's much better than I expected, but it appears to be following the ICA approach of presenting a much, much better face to the water, while letting the street side fall flat.

Great pics KZ. Do these buildings look as good in real life as they do in pictures?

The materials and build quality look quite good. The actual designs, however, speak (little) for themselves.

Wow, those shots are great and Fan Pier actually looks quite nice. It would have been awesome if the 2 buildings kept stepping upwards...

Back