Fan Pier Developments | Seaport

^^^ Good analogy. ^^^ But I think it's ok, if that's residential it will definately bring in some permanant life to the area.

That's the hotel which also contains residential. Not sure of the mix.

I seem to remember Fallon agreeing to frontload some portion of the residential. Throwing Southie a bone by agreeing to put up more housing and a park early on. Not sure if he'll be held to that in this market . . .

Pierce, I'd be way more vulgar than you; I think the building has much more on its mind than a simple mugging.

Seems like the ICA will suffer the same fate as the Segrams Building, a diamond in a sea of cubic zirconium.

Not great at ripping pictures from flash, but speaking of residential....has this been posted on here yet?
3861917496_b79c2f1527.jpg

I have a feeling the glass used in the building won't resemble the stuff we can see in rendering, and we're going to get more precast ala the building next door.

Fallon and Liberty Mutual paid too much for the site. They will make their money in the LONG-TERM but Fallon will be Dead by then so his kids or grandkids will enjoy the profits.

Unless the economy bounces back in a hurry I don't see Fan Pier as very profitable or desirable place to live for about 20 Years.

Pierce, I'd be way more vulgar than you; I think the building has much more on its mind than a simple mugging.

ha, i typed a cleaned up version, we probably were very similar in our first reaction.

http://boston.bizjournals.com/bosto...9/fish_richardson_still_waterfront-bound.html

"The downtown law firm is negotiating a deal for brand new office space on Boston?s Fan Pier with rock-bottom rents at about $50 per square foot once free rent and tenant improvements are factored into the equation, according to real estate sources. The sources said that depending on how it?s calculated, the rent could dip below $50 per square foot ? unheard of for never-been-used office space in Boston."

Fallon making a fortune on this development. LOL
I'm not crazy about the building I actually think it's ugly.
I will give this developer credit he did built it. Filenes Hynes could take some lessons from Fallon.

So I was walking around Charlotte and thought to myself....hey, did Boston accidentally misplace a building.

440southchurch.jpg

Don't mean to get too off-topic, but I have always loved the tallest building in Charlotte, the BOA tower by Cesar Pelli, whom is also the architect of the SST proposal.

SST needs a spire... and to be built somewhere else, but yeah, I love most of the stuff he did in the 90s.

today from Dorchester /savin hill
IMG_8968-1.jpg
from dot ave at Fields cor.
IMG_8971.jpg

Back