Fenway Residence Inn (ACE Tickets) | 121 Brookline Ave | Fenway

Re: 121 Brookline Ave (ACE Tickets)

I'm pretty sure it's going to be a "Bar Louie" not an "Abe & Louie's". VERY different concepts.

$30 to Logan is about right from this location.

Last time I took a cab from kenmroe to logan it was 35, and that was 2009. I believe the rates have gone up.

Last time I took a cab from kenmroe to logan it was 35, and that was 2009. I believe the rates have gone up.

I live on the other side of the Fens and basically pass this area whenever I take a cab to/from the airport (twice a month on average). I'd say my average fare is $28-32. YMMV, but that's what I pay. I have no motive to lie. :)

You remember your cab fares from 4 years ago?

That was the last time I took a cab in any city, yes....

I mostly actually remember because my flight departed in 65 minutes and I was in Kenmore.

My parents stayed in this hotel last night and let me come up and take a look around. Looks great inside. There's a terrace on the 8th floor with some nice views.

In ten years, Fenway should have rooftop views that can compete with the North End.

How was the pool?

I didn't use it, but it was decent for the space. Small, about 5 feet deep. It had an access chair for handicapped individuals, which I hadn't seen in a hotel before.

I didn't use it, but it was decent for the space. Small, about 5 feet deep. It had an access chair for handicapped individuals, which I hadn't seen in a hotel before.

All Marriott pools have the handicap access chairs. It was a company-wide initiative.

Isnt handicapped access at pools now law?

Perhaps. It was new to me- I haven't been in any sort of hotel in several years.

10470826044_a7d23f15e8_b.jpg

10470812495_466a59e36a_b.jpg

10470811224_1e276402b9_b.jpg

Best infill project of 2013.

It's kinda funny that a lot of the best projects lately seem to be smaller infill (thinking about South Boston particularly) and not larger statement projects (which have been almost universally bland).

Newbury infill will take that one. Hands down.

cca

Newbury infill will take that one. Hands down.

cca

architecturally/aesthetically? probably

but in terms of impact on a neighborhood/street level activation? this development is far more important in terms of how it humanizes brookline ave.

Back