Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

Icky gross Saturday

27568579949_363dcd777e_b.jpg

Are they able to keep pouring floors in the extreme cold temperatures we are currently experiencing? If not there won't be much, if any, visible progress on many of these projects over the next couple of weeks.

09-05-2017, 03:21 PM
Looks like only a few more weeks before she pokes her head above the Sheraton!

LOL

09-28-2017, 06:11 PM
i'm grateful to God for what we have but they were on the 5th level in mid-april. what is that? a gd floor every 2~2 1/2 weeks for crissakes?

The podium encompasses the first 6 floors. You of all people should know it takes longer. In this case it took SUBSTANTIALLY longer, but really, concentrate on the speed since around the 7th/8th floor and nothing before.

yes, David i kinda factored it in (too). :)

10-19-2017, 02:44 AM
I keep waiting for this to break the plateau and it just refuses to do so.

11-13-2017
Looks like theyre about to pick up speed now and its only a matter of time before this becomes very visible on the skyline. Id give it a couple weeks.

i give it a couple/ a 6 weeks.... :rolleyes:

i admit i might have been a bit optimistic there.....
https://youtu.be/k72lLYUwKigw

11-14-2017, 12:25 PM
It really seems like this should be past the plateau by now. That pause they had to take for the cross bracing must be whats making it feel this way because I feel like its been around the same height for a while now. Hopefully soon it will break through..... Anyone have any idea when we should expect it to break through the plateau?

11-15-2017, 02:55 PM
Back to the building itself... Has anybody noticed any visible progress in the last week, since the belt truss is supposedly finished? Is this thing rising again? It is tough to tell..... I thought this was supposed to get the heck going already!

11-20-2017, 04:28 PM
It's going to go now unless this is a ravaging winter....

Surprised so many feel this glass is green. I've been by the site often and I've never gotten that impression at all. It's (to me) dark grey with a subtle mirror effect. Looks classy as f@ck to me. Maybe I'm color blind. 🤷🏻*♂️

I really love the quality and color mix that 1 and 30 Dalton are creating for this part of Back Bay that so desperately needs it. One day we'll have a drone shot in the summer with the reflection of the CS Park Pool showing the amazing quality of the new buildings, including Parcel 15.

Eye level for that render is about 695'.... pretty awesome.

DZH22 said:
From 11/24 part 3 of 3. Click into any pic to view it larger.

IMG_0650 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_0651 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_0661 by David Z, on Flickr

awesome....

July-September 2017 Progress report
1daltonconstruction said:
During the past three months, the concrete pours for levels 10-24 were completed and steel for the of the Belt Truss System begun. Curtainwall installation has been completed up to level 12 and the drywall is up to level 3.

The basement levels continue to be built out, including the kitchen with its equipment. The H4/H5 podium elevators are shaft ready and the core elevators have railings installed up to level 8 and the pits are completed. The exterior hoist is now running up to level 16. The pool has been installed on level 7, but, unfortunately, not quite ready to take a dip in yet!

The level 5 mechanical room has all major equipment installed and is continuing to be built out. Summer is unfortunately gone and SCCI is currently prepping for winter by providing temporary heat on the floors so work can continue.

The next 3 months include the following activities:
Concrete Structure – Level 26-37 and top of belt truss steel system
Hoist access – Up to Level 30
Curtainwall – Up to Level 25
Storefront Framing – Level 1
Core Elevators – Pits complete, railings installed to Level 18
H4/H5 Podium Elevators – Railings to Level 08
Rough in – In Progress up to Level 21 (Hotel)
Drywall/Finishes – In Progress up to Level 16 (Hotel)
B2 NSTAR Room Energization
MEP Equipment – Start-up, and Testing on Level 5
Temp Heat for Winter 2017 – Complete

Well, the cladding is set pretty well for the temporary heat ....but, if they were expecting to jump from 20 to 37 by year's end, then, they're a good 8-10 weeks behind, added to months of lackluster progress ... Yet, at some point; perhaps not too much after the fridgid weather eases the long awaited moment will finally be upon us....

It's going to go now....

Push play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFtmdorQG-U&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
^What. I thought the half page posts disappeared after Whigh left. At least Whigh had some interesting posts (although he swayed way off topic).

Came in on the pike today for the first time in about a week and noticed theres some type of core sticking up above the plateau. Haven't seen a core yet above the poured floors, but there looks to be one now, and it has finally broken the plateau.

Will the extreme cold impact concrete pours on this thing?

Last edited:
Work has to be halted on this. You *can* pour it in normal freezing-point temps with precautions, but it takes a hell of a lot longer to cure. Pouring near 0 is just insanity. The concrete would take an enormous amount of time to cure and even could freeze quite quickly.

I'm gonna try asking Fenagh Engineering on social media and see if I get a more definitive response.

my friend who's working on this has confirmed that, yes, for the time being most work has stopped. he's an iron-worker, so they were/are able to do most of their stuff, but it's at a point where it's just too cold for any measurable progress.

I have confirmation from Fenagh Engineering that concrete work has been halted since last Wednesday due to the extreme low temperatures.

fenagh_engineering@datadyne007 concrete placements have been halted during the extreme low temperatures. We have not had a pour since last Wednesday on either job.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdN-50EgXSK/

then why are the trucks still outside today?
Picture taken at 2:00 1/2/2018

RyWiZRV.jpg

It would appear that work has resumed. Forms have been raised and the crane was operating as of this morning.

Back