Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

Arenacale

Reaction score
What time of day did you take those? My sister's daughter was baptized at St. Cecilia's around noon, you may have inadvertently captured the moment in an odd way.

DZH22

Reaction score
What time of day did you take those? My sister's daughter was baptized at St. Cecilia's around noon, you may have inadvertently captured the moment in an odd way.
I was there from approximately 1-3 so just missed that event.

DZH22

Reaction score
I'm guessing top of Horn Pond?
Yes it's the top of the hill by Horn Pond, up the Nolan Trail. Park in the main lot, start circling clockwise, but then split left (keeping the fenced off electrical area to your left) while the pond-side path continues to the right. This will take you to the base of the hill, and there's a paved path called the Nolan Trail (in memory of Nolan Webster who died unexpectedly on a trip in Mexico). It's pretty steep but you can be up it within about 5-6 minutes. Then the views are either from the bench or from the rock directly beyond it.

whighlander

Reaction score
DZH -- I think we have to dub you are roving reporter [local TV journalist-speak]
You probably have a handle on nearly every good vantage point within good Telephoto range of downtown Boston

NICE! 😜 :geek:🤩 -- 3 Smilies

DZH22

Reaction score
DZH -- I think we have to dub you are roving reporter [local TV journalist-speak]
You probably have a handle on nearly every good vantage point within good Telephoto range of downtown Boston

NICE! 😜 :geek:🤩 -- 3 Smilies
Thanks whighlander! I have done approximate counts in the past and probably know at least 40. Obviously some are much more convenient for me than others!

Gunner02

Reaction score
Jokes aside -

It’s astonishing, honestly. Not really sure how it’s even possible this could be a thing for a project worth over a billion dollars, branded by a world class hotel whose ethos is predicated on immaculate detail and impeccable standard. It’s been a YEAR. Give me like ya know, a normal friggin window to fill it instead. Apparently common man clear, non-tinted windows are not good enough in the interim so let’s just load in some rotty ply. Sounds about right.

I’m looking forward to the 30 for 30 doc about the real story of one dalton’s now permanent* plywood windows. There is a story to tell here...

Last edited:

meddlepal

Reaction score
I don't generally mind Boston's dark skyline at night, but the lack of any kind of architectural lighting at the top is really bad... this building really sticks out in the dark because it looks like the top three floors where the mech penthouse is are without power. It looks odd next to the lit up Pru and 111 Huntington next door.

DZH22

Reaction score
They should install soft lighting for the top 2 floors of the crown, within each indent. A little bit could go a long way. It's sad that the city doesn't seem to care about this kind of stuff. They blew it with MT (open roof and no lighting) and now they're blowing it here too.