Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

So which project will be completed first, this one or the one at Copley Place?

As I understand it Copley won't even start for another year and the construction will be slow bc of the turnpike decking.

Not one to throw around the word 'epic'.
But, both of them rising at the same time, might just be that.

It's immaterial to the project as a whole, but I hope they move those trees instead of cutting them down. They're both old and quite healthy, and it'd be a shame to lose them. The proposed park next door would be more than adequate a space.

I'm assuming that drill is for soil testing? Can't wait to see this get underway.

It's immaterial to the project as a whole, but I hope they move those trees instead of cutting them down. They're both old and quite healthy, and it'd be a shame to lose them. The proposed park next door would be more than adequate a space.

I was about to ask the same thing: is there any chance in the world those trees get saved? I thought perhaps the fact that they have yet to be cleared might be a good sign.

Suffolk construction fencing ...

Not on the "core triangle" but on the parcel opposite the Hilton across Belvidere. I understand this is part of the site but could be wrong about that. Sorry to get hopes up if I'm wrong about this, but I'm not sure what else would be getting under construction here other than the tower.

It'shappening.gif (?)

That's good news I wonder if they are starting on that tower first or if it might be used as a staging area while they work on the taller tower. It was supposed to start this fall.

Suffolk construction fencing ...

Not on the "core triangle" but on the parcel opposite the Hilton across Belvidere. I understand this is part of the site but could be wrong about that. Sorry to get hopes up if I'm wrong about this, but I'm not sure what else would be getting under construction here other than the tower.

It'shappening.gif (?)
Isn't that the site for Pritzker's mid-rise?

You're totally right - this is the location of the midrise. I had forgotten about that part of the plan. Based on existing massing models it looks like it will be about the height of the Hilton and Sheraton towers. I haven't been able to find any renders though of this building in particular.

Atleastsomethingishappening.gif

I posted this on the millennium tower thread but I think it is worth noting here as well.
The millennium tower went from 625-685 when the top floor and mechanicals are factored in. this looks to have a tall mechanical section at the top so it is easily possible it could grow that much. That would put it at 759 (taller than the prudential).

I posted this on the millennium tower thread but I think it is worth noting here as well.
The millennium tower went from 625-685 when the top floor and mechanicals are factored in. this looks to have a tall mechanical section at the top so it is easily possible it could grow that much. That would put it at 759 (taller than the prudential).

Boston Plateau Part 2: The Back Bay!!!

I think most renderings of CSC shows it being close to the height of Pru (probably more like 740 ft) but definitely not taller. I mean I would love if it becomes the second tallest but I don't think we should get ahead of ourselves. I think we have a better chance of 111 Federal St. being taller than the Pru than CSC.

They look to be a similar height in this render from the
Carpenter & Co. website.

Ee89XNI.jpg

Well it would only be several feet taller so It would be very hard to tell.

Looks shorter, but it's also set back slightly. We'll just have to wait and see...

In any event, if the rendering is accurate, the building will be well over 700 feet and at least approach the height of the Pru.

I'm just thinking: Holy shit, I can't believe this is actually being built!

I amend my earlier statement!

Boston Plateau Part 2: The Seaport has already happened!

This would be Boston Plateau Part 3: Back Bay.

Hah! That seems like the most glass-half-empty way possible to react to this.

Hey, it wouldn't be awful if Boston had a "high spine" filled with 750ft skyscrapers! ;)

I love this render. I think my favorite thing is a 700' tower and a few hundred feet down the road Berkley Dorm tower which was chopped to 200" because of Nimbys. LOL. I wonder where the EXACT height cut off is...

Back