Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

Also check out this post:

I meant for the shorter one all the renders before I kinda assumed were place holders showing off the taller building, guess not.

On another note: are both buildings going to be built at once or will they finish the short one then start on the skyscraper?

kbgpv.jpg

Lots more towers in this small area, but I wonder if it will still feel like a windswept set of driveways, edge-city style?

I understand some of the skepticism, but I'm fairly confident this one is a go. According to this article from Bloomberg, Citigroup's private banking arm has finished raising money from some of its wealthier clientele to finance this tower. The article seems to indicate that many of the people getting in on this tower are also invested in the 432 Park Ave. residential skyscraper in NYC.

Many people on here have more experience with development procedures than I. However, I read this and I can't help but feel encouraged. I imagine many of the people investing in mega-projects such as this one wouldn't dump personal money into it unless it were basically a confirmed go.

I wonder if this is one of the last missing links before construction can get going. Obviously financing is critical to any project and if Citigroup's involvement in the financing of 432 Park Ave. is any indication, they're not raising chump change: this same group fronted $400 million (or almost a third of the total cost of the tower) for 432 Park Ave.

I would think that Four Seasons having signed on to lease a large portion of the building would be enough to get this off the ground.

Long time lurker..

FWIW, (sorry if this is old news) the big tower is being developed by the Carpenter & Company http://carpenterandcompanyinc.com/projects/hotels/four-seasons-one-dalton-boston/
According to their website, the smaller tower is being developed by the Pritzker Realty Group (PRG).

Not to contribute to baseless internet speculation...But, that gives me some hope that construction on these two will overlap and we won't be waiting for 2016 for this to break ground in a phase II.

UPDATE: Guess this discussed a few pages back. In June, ChristianScience.Com put out an update indicating that:

Since then, design and permitting has proceeded to the point where Carpenter & Company, along with the Mayor of Boston, Martin J. Walsh, have just announced that Four Seasons will operate the 215-room, 20-floor hotel and will provide services for the 180 condominiums located above the hotel. Construction of the high-rise building is expected to begin late this year and take approximately two and one half years.

Progress on the mid-rise rental apartments continues with final approvals currently under review. The Pritzker Realty Group has indicated that construction of the mid-rise apartments is expected to commence prior to the start of high-rise development and be completed in less than two years.

http://christianscience.com/church-...hristian-science-plaza-revitalization-project

So sounds like everything is on track for both to be going up by the end of the year.

Last edited:
Still good to get that info out there...I don't think the two different construction companies had been mentioned yet. Thanks and welcome!

Exactly the reason the sooner they get that hole in the ground the better. I refuse to believe that tower is happening until I see 20 feet of earth dug out.

The thing is approved and shovels have already touched the ground. An uninformed Back Bay resident isn't going to stop anything at this stage.

I work in the Belvidere arcade (101 Belvidere st) on the 4th floor, soon to have my views blocked :( . I'll post photos from time to time.

va995uR.jpg

-
SnVj5fh.jpg

-dave

Nice! We'll soon have a good look into the plot though! It stinks they haven't started on the high rise yet...I'm still in that guarded mode where I'm happy that this is happening but won't fully commit to believing it until I see the hole being dug.

Nice! We'll soon have a good look into the plot though! It stinks they haven't started on the high rise yet...I'm still in that guarded mode where I'm happy that this is happening but won't fully commit to believing it until I see the hole being dug.

Me too.

Thanks for the pix Dave. You have a perfect view of the sites. Looking forward to photos from your unique vantage point as the developments go up.

They are reconfiguring the streets, so I think where you see those cars parked in the foreground will also be part of the footprint. Still, it will be skinny.

I wonder if we'll be so lucky as to have the Sheraton do some renovations to spruce up the street activation of that side of the building.

It would be nice if they(Sheraton) tore down one tower and rebuilt something more modern/
taller then did the same to the other tower

Last edited:
They actually opened up a salon that has a ground level entrance. It's a start, at least.

Qouted from Bisnow this past Friday: https://www.bisnow.com/archives/new...3530-why-2015-will-be-better-for-real-estate/

One big game changer that will get into the ground is Carpenter & Co's $700M mixed-use project called One Dalton near the Christian Science Center (a 215-room Four Seasons and 175 luxury condos) that's sure to become a new landmark for Back Bay. Construction work will start in a matter of “weeks, not months,” CEO Richard Friedman tells us

I read curbed boston and its made me loathe the phrase "game changer"

Back