Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

^Yup - just trying to figure out what the '1 sided podium' is

CSTH -- there is a podium-like bulging out from one side of the tower's long wall [facing the Pru] that goes up about 10 floors where there is a flat mini roof and then the flat glass curtain wall ascends to the roof level -- you could also think of it as an asymmetric setback

images
dsc_1211.jpg
prudential-skywalk-4.jpg

JHT_Night.jpg

that bulge complicates the footprint even further and then there is its top

JHT is still one hell of a spectacular building -- Anywhere :cool:

Last edited:
Yo dudes, let's get tower geometry it's own thread, or bring this back to the Four Seasons, bitte.

Yo dudes, let's get tower geometry it's own thread, or bring this back to the Four Seasons, bitte.

Jawohl, mein Kommandant

Although the ability to talk about the shape of towers which do not remotely look like the proverbial packing cases for the towers*1 is major progress :cool:

Now back to the thread -- Do we have an over/under on when we will see the Crane sprout from the ground?

*1 [Tom Wolfe about the international style buildings from the 50's and 60's on Park Ave NYC in "From the Bauhaus to Our House"]

Took a good look at the Back Bay model in City Hall yesterday...

Just out of curiosity does anyone know if the model of the Four Seasons Tower is to the official approved height of if that includes the mechanical levels.

Looking at the model makes me wish the Dalton Residences were going to be taller by another 150-200 feet.

Looking at the second photo where the glass connects. Is that the new Burj Boston?

What do you mean? There is no Burj Boston. Do you mean the Mandarin Oriental? That's 111 Huntington behind the Pru at the seam of the glass.

He means that the vertical seam in the glass behind the model looks like a tower to the moon from that angle.

Amazingly, where the seam gets cut off is probably almost the height of One WTC from the base to the tip of the spire. The Burj would be more than 3.5x the height of the Pru.

I think KentXie was trying to say "Please don't bump posts without having a legitimate reason to bump it"

Saying something is "Cool" is not one of those reasons.

I think KentXie was trying to say "Please don't bump posts without having a legitimate reason to bump it"

Saying something is "Cool" is not one of those reasons.

Honestly, Kent's comment was unwarranted. This thing is actually getting built and was recently discussed. It's not like the cool comment bumped an old stalled project.

I'd say posts 1134-1136 are all pretty much keyboard vomit and we should be striving for better here no matter what.

Back