Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

Holy God!!!

BTW, what is the process for the excavators' exit outa da hole?

I'm assuming that is a bedrock shelf we are seeing down there?

This is the first time iv ever felt like something is happening here. If you told me they hadnt actually started anything yet I would have believed you.

Seems like they've sped things up a little, maybe.

To my untrained eye, it looks like they have roughly 10 more feet on the right, and it's hard to tell what's left on the left, but plenty of progress nonetheless.

Seems like they've sped things up a little, maybe.

Might be interesting to note that even with all those machines in the hole, they're digging this thing one bucket at a time - they're all just passing the dirt up in a daisy chain until the digger on the right with the log boom pulls it up to street level and into a dump truck ( maybe that wasn't obvious from the picture)

Might be interesting to note that even with all those machines in the hole, they're digging this thing one bucket at a time - they're all just passing the dirt up in a daisy chain until the digger on the right with the log boom pulls it up to street level and into a dump truck ( maybe that wasn't obvious from the picture)

So how will they get the last of the dirt out. Once the pile the daisy chain in feeding drops below the reach of the machine on the street, then they need a new method.

Someone needs to post the traditional Lord Vader Rising photo.

The difference between the renders (online and on site), which show a blue tint, and then the reality, which is shown both by the actuality of 30 Dalton and the sampler show Vader rising. This building will NOT be blue.

So how will they get the last of the dirt out. Once the pile the daisy chain in feeding drops below the reach of the machine on the street, then they need a new method.

Boston85 -- drove over to Youdoit Electronics in Needham yesterday -- on my way back taking the Highland Ave entrance to Rt-128 there was a machine spewing dirt or gravel out the top of a long inclined conveyor -- seems you put one of those in the bottom of the hole

Boston85 -- drove over to Youdoit Electronics in Needham yesterday -- on my way back taking the Highland Ave entrance to Rt-128 there was a machine spewing dirt or gravel out the top of a long inclined conveyor -- seems you put one of those in the bottom of the hole

I recall Lee Kennedy craned empty containers into Berklee's site after they got down 10 ft. Empty trailers came to unload and picked up the full ones.

Needham all the way to the town square has re-zoned for a mid-rise/mini high spine!

Back