Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

seems highly unlikely that this would reach 2 floor per week pace (or more) when the project developer was recently quoted in a article (a page or two back) saying this will not top out until "late summer/early fall 2018." At 2 floors per week, wouldn't this top out in 7 months around December/January?

i didn't catch that quote, but i resigned myself to molasses speed and abject agony in seeing the first >700' building top out in the last 58 years, or whatever....

watching the progress of 1 Dalton is more torture than arriving on Tavarua for 14 days of epic – and landing on a bed of urchins after your first wave ends abruptly on dry reef.

Odurandina, did you hear that Denver has just proposed a new tallest, likely 800'+? Add another city to be jealous of.

Chrisbrat, any way you can ask your friend to confirm the height of this one? Are we talking ~756' or ~741'? I'm still crossing my fingers this will be our new 2nd tallest.

Another city for height enthusiasts to move to!

afraid i don't have much useful in terms of confirmation/negation of possible height:

yo -- do you happen to know: is 1 dalton gonna be 755' (inclucing mechanical penthouse) or the 749 some sites say?

That remains to be seen

ah, interesting
well i hope so! shit -- i'd like it to be 800" so we'd have a new tallest. it's messed up that hancock is still tallest

I'll keep putting up steel til they tell me to stop

heh. right on

Every floor is a new puzzle

I'll keep putting up steel til they tell me to stop

Uh oh, watch out for Odurandina sneaking onto the job site and issuing orders...we may end up with a 1,200 ft-er on our hands. Better hope the foundation is solid.

Uh oh, watch out for Odurandina sneaking onto the job site and issuing orders...we may end up with a 1,200 ft-er on our hands. Better hope the foundation is solid.

The FAA height is 990'.

no one wants to see the safety of the FAA's airways, radar or buildings compromised.

Thatd be with the antenna, which im extremely interested in seeing how that comes out.

Have we ever seen a rendering of the building with the antenna?

afraid i don't have much useful in terms of confirmation/negation of possible height:

yo -- do you happen to know: is 1 dalton gonna be 755' (inclucing mechanical penthouse) or the 749 some sites say?[/B]

The majority of PR pieces from the interwebs say 740'. AB folks are talking 756'.

The FAA site has been interpolated as to bolster the higher number – or it may be spot on. In one published article the site prep people let it slip, it's going near 760'.

The possibility exists we may never know.

At the .gov there is concern people might get in a panic.

I really don't like this thing at street level. That white and brown(?) look so out of place with the rest of the tower...at least the rest looks good.

On another note it looks like we're still waiting for this one to really start taking off. That's too bad. Should be *any day* now!

My thoughts exactly. I think the yellow screen is the start of the smaller floor plates.

Back