Franklin Park - White Stadium Renovation

Its so frustrating seeing a very small minority continuously railroad change across the city time and time again. Its almost always older people with too much time on their hands thinking completely selfishly when the rest of the community doesnt have time to show up and voice support. The spirit of the process is democratic but its almost always not democratic at all anymore. Its my sincere hope when Gen X and Millennials get to this age that we dont act like this current generation of entitled retirees

The BPDA Board has just approved this private-public renovation project. I'm not sure what the next steps in the timeline are, but I'm hoping they can get shovels in the ground as soon as possible. The ongoing lawsuit has a hearing early next year but the consensus seems to be that it holds little merit and will fail

Weird. The Parks and Recreation Commission is now holding up the plans. They voted to approve the design, but the required demolition plans didn't pass.

Perhaps Everett wasn't consulted enough.

Last edited:
I run at White Stadium every week and it was locked yesterday, with no warning or posted notice. Other people trying to access the stadium were also confused. Does anyone have an update on the situation? Does this mean construction is beginning?

I run at White Stadium every week and it was locked yesterday, with no warning or posted notice. Other people trying to access the stadium were also confused. Does anyone have an update on the situation? Does this mean construction is beginning?
Get used to it being closed to the public once the city lets a private corporation decide who can use it.

UPDATE: The guy who unlocks the statium was off on Monday and the city didn't coordinate to unlock the stadium in his absence (according to him). It was open again yesterday and today. Apparantly, it will be accessible for the rest of the summer.

UPDATE: The guy who unlocks the statium was off on Monday and the city didn't coordinate to unlock the stadium in his absence (according to him). It was open again yesterday and today. Apparantly, it will be accessible for the rest of the summer.

Psst, NWSL team - run, don't walk, away from this for Kraft's stadium in Everett.;)

Back