General MBTA Topics (Multi Modal, Budget, MassDOT)

Re: Driven By Customer 'Service' Parte Dos

I thought I was the only one! They make me smile every time.

They always make me crack up and then the other people look at me like I'm crazy. (but it's ok because there's likely an actual crazy person that will steal the show in the car)

When the MBTA opened Assembly Square, who knew they would be opening a portal to... another universe????

It's an ad disguised as a T Map? That's my guess.

Ahh. Thank you.

You can't? I can.

Can you elaborate further?

How is editing the copyrighted T map for commercial use in a film production "fair use"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use

I have to run, I don't have time to go through it one by one. And maybe you're right, or maybe a court has to decide.

But I don't think it's cut and dried case of copyright violation.

IMG_20140912_145330.jpg

Sooooooooooooo sloooooooooooooooooooooooow.

The T is getting a little bit of money from a post-Hurricane Sandy resiliency program, mainly to harden infrastructure against floods:

$22 M to beef up the Green Line portal near Fenway, including the installation of a flood barrier.
$14 M to repair the seawall at the Charlestown bus yard.

http://www.fta.dot.gov/15138_16147.html

Man, that Charlestown bus seawall project could be the realization of a long held dream if done right. For years people have been hoping for a path on the river side of this facility linking Assembly Square/Draw 7 park to Ryan Playground/Scrafft Center. This is THE missing link from having a waterfront, majority off road path from Alewife and beyond into Boston. Hugely beneficial for recreation and commuting by bike. The Harborwalk essentially ends at Schrafft and the Mystic Reservation system essentially begins at Assembly Square.
Repairing the seawall and constructing a path there is very doable. I know DECR has plans on file for it.

There were attendants at the Northeastern GL stop this morning with handheld Charlie Card readers! All-doors boarding, and the fastest above-ground rush hour stop I've ever seen.

I've never seen them before- is this something new to everybody or just to my stop?

Is the future (of 10 years ago) finally here?!?!?!

Back